How many volts to coil?

Toney

I don't see any wires or hoses that are out of place or disconnected, it idles at redline similar to vacuum leak.

I've been playing with idle screw and adjusting dizzy, any suggestions I should check out for tomorrow?

Don't know a whole lot about carburetor and can't keep it idle to check for vacuum leaks, thanks a lot!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So is this running when you rev it up and keep pumping the pedal?

when a persoan pumps the pedal your dumping fuel in via the accel pump on carb. I look at is like dumping gas in the top of the carb with a gas can. But usien a very little gas. Si if this work it should or elelctrical is good for the most part.

Now one might have to adjust the mixture at the base of the carb there is a brass screw with a tension spring.  I usally tunr thi in all the way GENTLY then turn it out about 2 turns and see if it runs

If you have a later datsun they have a anti desieling selinoid that cut the gas off if the wire is not hooked up.  If not this type of carb scratch this from the list.

I also the the valve lash if to tight it wont compressthe fuel put you did say it was running before and all you did was change the airl filter or soemthing.

On starting. The statement you say said it will run on start but shuts off then key to ON????? this is the blk wht wire loosing the voltage to the coil. This is either the ballst reisistor open or fuse open. or loose connector behind key switch. Just wiggle this and 99% of the time it comes back.

Now the dizzy spidal looks ok or very close at TDC. now you should be in the middle of the timming plate adjustment.  car should fire off. once its kinday running one would adv the timming to say 10-15 deg and hopefullyou can get it running good enough to time and adjust the carb mixture and carb speed adjustment.

ck for vaccum leaks like loose intake bolts ,loose carb bolts. But it aluminum so dont think it a cast iron chevy were one wrenches down to much on aluminum.

i looked over the write-ups and made a few adjustments and tightened manifold bolts which seemed to be the problem for the vacuum leak. still having trouble getting it to idle.

I've made adjustments to the fast-idle screw and didn't seem to get anywhere with that screw. Now for the fuel/air mixture screw i tighten it all the way gently and back it off 2 turns?

Also should i look at the idle jets? if so how would i go about doing so?

Thanks a lot for your help guys  :thumbup:

• Like 1

fast-idle ????????

fast idel screw just engages the linkage. look closely it would be like you lightly touching the gas pedal. to open the butterfly. just its a screw end pusing the arm . Its simple.

Sometimes t I could not get certain carb it idle and swapped another and works fine.WTF

weber DGV have a brass head screw on the valve cover side half way up. thats the idle jet holder. pull it out ck the number and pull out jet and ck for dirt.

Usually I would replace the filter and take the old one out and cut it open. if reaaly dirty then the idle jet might be plugged.

If idele jet is plugged I seen alot of people crank the spreed screw all the way in till it runs off the main circut.