My very first Datsun, and very first post.

Well it was a 2010 summer when my WRX got hailed damaged and I got a good chunk of change from insurance, so I decided to do something with the $ instead of fixing the ride, first I paid off the taxes on a newer vehicle we had just picked up for the wife the with the leftovers was about to get a Honda Rukus (or whatever you called those funky looking mopeds).

One of my friends in Illinois was getting rid of a nice rare set of wheels some Racing Harts CP-F Tune R and decided to pick those up instead of the scooter, earlier that summer in 2010 while I traveled to Mexico I did some Datsun searching and didn't find any owner that would want to give up their precious little cars, came back empty handed (oh well).

Years went by and in early 2012 on my friends in the area got a 1979 Datsun 510 Hatchback and kept staring at it in his profile on the famous social site then late summer, early fall he put it up for sale. I offered those rare set of wheels and he said "bring them over and look at the car" I thought he was kidding, I packed up the wheels in the WRX drove up to his house we both looked at what we possibly had a deal and it went on. I was the new owner of an awesome 510 and he proudly rocked the rare JDM wheels on his WRX.

Early this year wife and I had discussion about the toys and 1 needed to go. WRX is gone after 7 years owning it but the 510 is not going anywhere. Car is now running still has some bugs to get rid off (I'm sure to ask to some of you questions), still not registered as haven't got $ to get it done, as a proudly dad of 2 lil girls budget is thigh and patience is a virtue I'm proudly to be thankful for, but honestly can't wait to actual drive it.

Thank you for your time and live long Datsun!!!!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMG_8243.jpg

That chrome ring for around the shift boot.... from a Dodge?

Just a piece of metal with chrome door trim but I gave up on it and I'm going to figure something else. I have no clue where the seat belts bolt to and the engine has some type of exhaust leak on the back of it right underneath the valve cover. Any ideas!?

• 4 weeks later...