Master cylinder

6l320datsun3

I'm no genius about Datsun I'm just a normal mechanic so this question may seem stupid and may have already been asked so bare with me. I have a 63 320 I was wondering what brake master cylinder will Bolt right up to it Since I can't find an actual replacement . I tried soaking it and heating it up to see if it would move let me know if you have any ideas I would really like this thing to get back on the road.

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See that is the problem it sat so long causing the master cylinder to gather moisture and seize up somehow. That is why I'm looking for a full replacement. I was hoping that a 521 had a similar setup but I can't find any around here to compare it. That's why I'm asking the one source I know best for info.

I just went out and measured my 63 datsun L320 master brake cylinder(MBC) next to a centric 521 MBC(part#130.42300) which will replace a 1966 datsun 520 MBC as I have done that, except for the rod activating the brakes, it looks like they will interchange.

The 521 MBC sticks out a half inch or so longer, and the activating rod is way longer, but one might be able to use the rod off the old MBC.

The ones I have here were made in Taiwan and are new, but I have never had an issue with one of them, while I have had lots of issues with rebuilt ones at the auto parts stores.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CENTRIC-130-42300-Brake-Master-Cylinder-/110887073980?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d16278bc&vxp=mtr

So Wayno this would work fine besides the activating rod being too long? If it will its getting here as soon as I can get it. Also does anyone one know where I can get door handles window cranks and a headlight bezel?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CENTRIC-130-42300-Brake-Master-Cylinder-/110887073980?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19d16278bc&vxp=mtr

So Wayno this would work fine besides the activating rod being too long? If it will its getting here as soon as I can get it. Also does anyone one know where I can get door handles window cranks and a headlight bezel?

I don't know for sure if it will work, it looks like it will bolt in, but I have not had mine out yet, as I don't drive it at all, so I can't say for sure it will work, but it worked in my 1966 datsun 520 great, and that compatibility list doesn't have that year on it.

I have not had my L320 MBC out as I said, so I have no idea how the rod is connected in the back of the 320 MBC compared to the 521 MBC, but I am always fabricating stuff up, so I am sure I would fab. a rod up if I couldn't make what came with it work.

It seems to be a ball with a rod that has threads on the end, if I had to, and the original 320 rod would not transfer over to the new MBC, I would cut the rod the correct length, and then re-thread it to match the original length for the 320.

You know there is a chance that the rods are the same length also, I just looked under the 320 dash and decided it was shorter, all you can do is try it out, and let the rest of us know what you figured out.

• 2 months later...

I've just found a brand new brake master cylinder for my 320 arriving in 14 to 21 days time.

Around $150 including shipping to Australia from the good old USA.

I am unsure of the company's stock supply.

I will wait to see the part in my hands before making final judgement!

everything nissan dot com

Just been informed my order was received and my master cylinder is on BACK ORDER.

Whatever that means!

Looks like it will take 4-6 weeks to arrive now.

They must be walking it over here to Australia....

I am not happy to recommend everything Nissan dot com at this stage.

Maybe in two months time though! I wanna see that part.

Try the 521 master brake cylinder, someone else just did that recently.

Just been informed my order was received and my master cylinder is on BACK ORDER.

Whatever that means!

Looks like it will take 4-6 weeks to arrive now.

They must be walking it over here to Australia....

I am not happy to recommend everything Nissan dot com at this stage.

Maybe in two months time though! I wanna see that part.

• 4 weeks later...