521 Front Brake Shoe follow up question.

jammin

Hello,

Few weeks ago I inquired about my front brakes and pretty much the shoes were cracked and causing the noise (so thanks for all the input).  Removing drums were a breeze but I cannot for the life of me put the drum back on after I have installed the new shoes.  I took a picture before I started and also kept the passenger side unmolested as to have a reference point, but nothing seems to help.  Adjuster wheel all the way in and upper compressed all the way in also.

I have researched the forums and other forums and have looked at pictures, and it seems that every  other picture shows the shoes in different positions with people claiming they are on wrong, so what is the correct way?

So...looking on the driver side front, with the front of the truck to the left, how should the shoes look:

Both shoes with single hole for spring on top and double holes on bottom? Yellow spring on top?

Front shoe double holes on top / back shoe single on top? Yellow spring on top? 

I've have tried both, but the clearance is so tight that I know they cannot be correct. 

Any help, as always will be appreicated. 

Regards,

Ben

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic