--- My BLUE 240z ---

I'm BLUE

This be my 1973 BLUE ! 240z...

461ba71a-ba1b-434b-a02b-b74886bb2f48_zps

She's not going to be a "project datto" worthy car since I won't be doing much do it along the way other than keeping her fresh and running as well as improving her a bit along the way with subtle items. No flashy @#@% allowed... lol.  (welding a bit as well where need be !)

I've been driving this puppy around and enjoying it while replacing little things a step at a time along the way to take a bite out of the "big" picture.

She has a strong original setup L24 + 4spd + R180 3.36 currently , and hums right along on the highway like no ones business ! :cool:

---------PLANS ,GOAL(S) , and FOCUS: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Finish up some metal work

*Repair and freshen up interior pieces that need it.

*Pattern out and cut carpet for entire interior (old stuff is good just not matching !)

*To keep body exterior as original as I can stand...

*To keep interior as original as I can.. with some exceptions to possible improvements.

* (Bonus) --- I have possible plans to "freshen and polish up the drive-train hopefully in the near future ( all this depends on how my other projects pan out for me though and where the parts are used in the end ;)  ).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully I'll be making updates along the way for others to enjoy :)

Thanks for reading !

DTP

• Like 1
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

msa fuse block, Dave Irwins headlight harness and parking light harness relays, plug and play for all. 

Nissan sport mag had an article about a choke bracket. screwed to the tunnel, not the console.

• Like 1

First off that is really nice..

Ok i'll be "that" guy...  Why if you had so many 5speeds none of them made it into this rig so you can relax on the freeway??

Thanks Hammuck , and she's def got her problems with the body and paint in areas.

Well ... that 's the plan bro :thumbup: ... with the 3.36 gears though she loves to rev in 4th :lol: (I'd be in 4th anyways with a 5spd installed at this moment.. I have to finish modifying my R180 :) )

Depending on the cost of the 5spd for me to run could be anywhere from free to ... $300 (not entirely sure yet) extra to install each one .... depending on which one :sneaky: ...  I'll elaborate on that later though ;)

looks nice! that is the original paint right. my 240z seems to be the same color and i kinda want to paint it that color

Thankyou dattoboy70 !

I don't think it's the original paint honestly , but sure would be nice if it was :thumbup:

Nice... we have twin Blue 240z's , and if that's the color you want that is the color you should go for !

One pic........ really DTP? 

lol ... I was heading out for the day.

Sorry Eagle_Adam .... I fail lulz

Love the two fo dee z!

haha ! Thanks ArchetypeDatsun !

msa fuse block, Dave Irwins headlight harness and parking light harness relays, plug and play for all. 

Nissan sport mag had an article about a choke bracket. screwed to the tunnel, not the console.

Yes sir ! Great s30 minds think alike ...

I have the MSA fuse block installed as of current on this car :thumbup:

I DO however need Dave's headlight and parking light harness relay's !

Thanks darrel !

Ironically I have the MSA fuse block , and Dave's headlight relay harness on my other 240z , but keep forgetting to prioritize the parking light harness ! doh !!

• Like 1

35a8d59d-5e29-4fb2-8fa5-922727b62367_zps

No... I didn't do the tach on the dash...

I hate the tweety bird floor-mats , but they'll do their intended job for now ... and work well in wet weather...

1360892735_zpse316b0a3.jpg

The wiring hanging down is a long-story short ... and I'd rather go through it another day ... lol

((Some jackwad crackhead stole the stereo and broke the heater control bezel.))

I've been waiting for hotter summer days to be able to crawl underneath and fix some of this shenanigans..

1360892738_zpsd64d7517.jpg

L24 + 4bbl Holley 390cfm.

I put the 4bbl on a bit ago (1yr ago !?) ... pretty happy with it !

She Fires up and drives pretty consistently ... think it's the first time I've been happy with a holley .. :rofl:

Engine doesn't use any oil ... nor does it like to show other cars how much it can "chug" while driving lulz.

The mess on the ignition coil is not me ... it goes to the tach on top of the dash ... which is not me again ... that will be eliminated once I re-finish the dash.

Strut tower ratsun bar was all me though ... lol ... it actually works and a noticeable difference ! Arc welder ftw lol.

1360892744_zps378c1037.jpg

The air cleaner on this bass-turd is too small ... I've been meaning to build a bigger one for a while now ... it's the manifold clearance that causes this....

1360892745_zps5c53c41b.jpg

d71daffc-a701-44bb-b33e-e5768d68714a_zps

• Like 1

That's a nice shade of blue it's one of my favorite colors, L24's rock they love to rev even the L24E in my 810 loves to rev :D

It is a nice shade ! Thanks Arche !!

To be honest it took me a bit getting use to as you just don't see this shade anymore.

Blue is my FAVORITE color .... If I were Emperor of the world .... everything would be BLUE by law .... and you'd all be f@#ked ... :lol:

Well... maybe datsun/nissan owners can choose what they want :cool:

Yeah L24's def do rock and yeah I bet your 810 loves to rev hehe :devil: :lol:

Mine enjoy's sitting about 65-70 (literally) with 3.36 gears , and in 4th.

I'm going to be switching out the differential and put in a 5spd transmission.

Which 5spd transmission depends on many factors and what datsun needs what at this point.. :ninja: :lol:

You saw my 240z thread. The damage caused by the original fuse block to the combo switch. The switch still works. The first thing I did was get the msa fuse block when it first came out. Two yrs ago I bought Dave's harnesses and finally installed them both this year. Minor problem if you could call it a problem. My headlights were switched, one was low beam, the other on high beam and vice versa when switched to high beam. The closer I looked, two wires were swapped going to the driver side HL connector. No big deal just switched them back and now have proper headlights.

• Like 1

You saw my 240z thread. The damage caused by the original fuse block to the combo switch. The switch still works. The first thing I did was get the msa fuse block when it first came out. Two yrs ago I bought Dave's harnesses and finally installed them both this year. Minor problem if you could call it a problem. My headlights were switched, one was low beam, the other on high beam and vice versa when switched to high beam. The closer I looked, two wires were swapped going to the driver side HL connector. No big deal just switched them back and now have proper headlights.

Exactly darrel ! :thumbup: Oh I must have missed the switch head-light part in your thread. (I have bad memory though)

I've feared the possible damage to my head-light switch as well.

3-months after buying my yellow 240z ... The fusebox gave out while driving (melted through  , connectors dropped down , and lost running/head-lights) the last .75 miles to my place. I had been saving some extra $ to buy the fuse-box and bought it along with the headlight harness the very next day. Haven't looked back !Although... I may have been slightly to late .... IDK yet as I'll be running through the wiring when it gets dry out around here ... as I had been having some issues with the head-light portion after the fact... I did find a pin-connector to the switch that has been hot at some time in the pas ... @@$% lol... I've seen it on a couple other 240z's though as well so IDK for surre. This is all on my yellow 240z though not this blue one :) .

I should cut down on my number of projects to re-group at a select few ..... but I love them all to much to do so.

The car looks good! I did the headlight harness, shortly after picking up my 240Z. What a difference! Then i got a deal on the fuse box. Guess I'll have to get crackin' on the parking light harness too.

Will be following along, to see what you come up with on this build. Keep on, keepin' on!

• Like 1

The car looks good! I did the headlight harness, shortly after picking up my 240Z. What a difference! Then i got a deal on the fuse box. Guess I'll have to get crackin' on the parking light harness too.

Will be following along, to see what you come up with on this build. Keep on, keepin' on!

Thanks maltese !

Indeed :thumbup:.. the harness upgrades and fuse box have to be (2-3) of the best investments hands down :thumbup:

cool cool ! will do !

Bad mutha f*****. Do this and your ZX duke it out at night? good show, bro. I'll be trolling watching this build..

:rofl: ... they ride around in pacs .... cornering priuses and such for the lulz .... that is when they're not on life support ... :lol:

Thanks bro !! TrollingMicroMachinery is a-ok by me !

IDK if this particular car is as much as a build then a never ending repair ya know ? :lol:

Hopefully got some cool stuff going in there ... subtlle from outside .... but functional from the in !

Blue!

my_favorite_blue__bloo_by_latortuguitaaz

bahahahaha :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

ahhhhh sh$% ... Izzo outed me ... I'm a giant blue talking dong ... :sneaky: :ninja:

Ah those early Zs. I know we talked about this before but early 240/260s have the best lines. That really is an amazing color. Look forward to seeing the restore, but I agree that, since you have touched 90% of the z 5-speeds on this site, it should have a 5-speed by now :P

• Like 1

Ah those early Zs. I know we talked about this before but early 240/260s have the best lines. That really is an amazing color. Look forward to seeing the restore, but I agree that, since you have touched 90% of the z 5-speeds on this site, it should have a 5-speed by now :P

Absolutely ! The early s30 stuff is my favorite as well.

Thanks... it's kinda a unique color for sure ... took some getting use to (not good or bad ,,, hard to explain... lol)

At this point I just happen to like many datsun's more and more lol.

:lol: :lol: ... well ... I have plans for a 5spd... and a diff swap at least....

(sneak-peek)

SU1BRzI3MzUuanBn_zpscc1f9c69.jpg

^^^ It has to be the right time though. Depends on what goes where and what is needed where .... between ALL my datsun children lol.

Lol, just donate a 200sx with rear discs and a decent S30 to me, that will get rid of some of those pesky needy children :P

Edit: NVM, I just realized that I'm a slacker...

:lol: ... slacker ?

Do you accept hotwheelz ? .... :rofl:

ha...ha... :fu:

Yea, all these builds I am following definately prove that I'm a slacker. Finally got my 620 back on the road, but didn't take pics or anything... Still haven't went to the DMV to transfer the B210, and I think there is a 5-speed in awesome packaging sitting under my laundry...

I need to move to OR so I can be near motivated people.

ha...ha... :fu:

Yea, all these builds I am following definately prove that I'm a slacker. Finally got my 620 back on the road, but didn't take pics or anything... Still haven't went to the DMV to transfer the B210, and I think there is a 5-speed in awesome packaging sitting under my laundry...

I need to move to OR so I can be near motivated people.

Get some Jacob ! :thumbup: