blackbird 620 ka24de

BlackBird620

3/4 step bit was used to flip the center link did one step on the bit at a time till had the joints at the depth I desired sometimes only half a step took a good bit of checking a drilling but there are the goferit flip joint sleeves just drill out to 3/4 and weld in but they might require a different ball joint from what I remember reading

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to find another Datsun herder in Arkansas. Finding parts you need isn't always as easy as it is on the west coast. I've seen posts of people giving away parts in California, Washington and Oregon that I would love to have but shipping always seems to be out of the question.You are hidden so far in the corner of AR that I had to Google map Corning to find it. You're almost in Misery. Your project is looking good.

actually up here there's a Datsun grave yard a buddy told me about that I'm trying to get him to take me to but one of my other friends grandfather owns a 620 that doesn't run and has good body panels

IMG_20130831_183623_843_zpse2f71075.jpg

Buddy Mike's s14 in the background yes that is the factory bench and no its not going back in I plan on using a set of recaros I got for a good price off the President of the car club I was in but anyway as she sets there is only 2.5" of ground clearance just waiting on money to send bee some and the coilover towers he sent got the wrong ones

actually up here there's a Datsun grave yard a buddy told me about that I'm trying to get him to take me to but one of my other friends grandfather owns a 620 that doesn't run and has good body panels

I wanna go!  Wish I knew this a few months ago.  Picked up my 620 only a couple hours away from you.  Finding panels that aren't beat to hell around here is tough.

• 3 weeks later...

OK no fire yesterday rained all day but did get the driveshaft in will need to raise the back up I'll be removing the 2 inch blocks that are on top of the 3inch blocks which is nuts to do wish I knew the guy who did it so I could punch him in the face did get my buddys 510 unstuck finally but will probably be headed to the junk yard so he can get a 73 620 going to try to save as many parts as I can but now for pics

Will be running my headlight wires along the top to the hole by the rad support

IMG_20130921_171259_853_zps80a36075.jpg

Pics of the 510

IMG_20130929_170307_104_zps3c14cfb0.jpgIMG_20130929_170317_767_zps2007403c.jpg

IMG_20130929_170330_369_zps08448a5d.jpg

Yes it has a slip yoke on the back but not sure if the ford slip yoke would work I ordered a special slip yoke and flange yoke from shaftmasters.com flange is 46.33 part #n2-2-899-1 slip yoke is 99.87 invoice didn't show part number just says 240sx trans yoke can get a lot of info from David@shaftmasters.com he was really helpful with both my orders and info I needed. Also if your 620 is as los as mine currently is the cross member behind the cab will be in the way but I calculated that the po ended up dropping it around 6inches