blackbird 620 ka24de

BlackBird620

Hi everyone newbie here! I recently picked up my 79 datsun 1500/620 (Blackbird) from a buddy of mine. i plan on some heavy modification in the next year or two, going to be cramming a rb20det down into the little guy along with complete suspension and brake upgrades. I'll post pics ASAP

• Like 2
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya I am to but i still have a 57 dodge d300 to finish up be for I'm able to start investing in the motor trans and ecu, but good thing is that she runs good and ill be driving her till time to do the swap. will be upgrading to disk brakes here in the next month or two. i haven't had time to get interior pics up but will get on it ASAP.

Two springs is a bit risky. The combined springs provide lateral positioning support somewhat like a panhard bar on a four link system. Additionally the spring is much softer and that's not good on a lowered vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

Well took the 620 to the local car show for their burnout contest to see if she'd give up. Took about 15 min to get her back together with only a cressent wrench and a flat head. Bearing raising hell and all away she went into the line up. out come was she broke the bumper on my brothers truck and still drove back onto the tow dolly