610 180b sr20det Alleycatgarage daily driver project

104_1682.jpg104_1685.jpg104_1683-1.jpg104_1684-1.jpg

1st pic is trying under hood clearance issue , has like  4" or more ,so that's a go on 610.

,I also wanted to say these cast iron manifolds are reasonable and a fat chunk of metal (also may not crack like tube type) I like the log manifold effect for bottom end quick response but only accept T3 orT4 to make you go buy a clone turbo from China also , again want to have a street driver so I welded on T25 or T28  plate (I usually do not like this but seems fine, cast iron welded pretty good) I am welding a plug in wastegate hole under manifold and using stock wastegate  to head custom mount,  This may also be needed for AC pump and plumbing clearance to be later installed after gremlins leave, so will now bolt on stock turbo and will run great  ,which T28 would be next upgrade  and be plenty of power for my Carrera driver .

I have a couple guys running 9-10 psi stockers and perform great,. My car still at 7psi and fine.

I am not sure if turbo would be low enough on 510 with weld on plate may need re-mill after weld up old holes ,or melt some hood paint ,will try soon !

Please chime in with ideas-input ect  -Also getting stock drive shaft shortened and running stock differential until we find lsd ,maybe 3.70 for freeway,prefer shruums ,just kidding . ,

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is funny. This project is just starting and you want it gone ?  Perhaps most 610ers are bent on traditional L series motors. The enthusiasm this project has generated is astonishing.

Is this thing done yet????

But perhaps the only one that appreciated the project got a slap from the originator.....

I don't work for Eddie monster ,where are you  down under ? notice you have no location ? anybody know him?

.... life is funny, isn't it ? :rofl:  Will be a nice car. Good project for an SR20 site.

I don't understand what Bob is saying ,  ???-anyway will try and post up turbo down pipe ect. purchased a 510 one , but 610 has more rake on firewall so needs more angle and steer box in way slightly ,will get on there all the way to trans xmember ..

• 3 weeks later...

I like your project, I don't care what your motives are. Keep up the good work.

Is this intake 90 a temp thing? (is the most recent posted picture an older one?) Are you considering a shield around the turbo, brake fluid is very flammable.

This will be fun to drive i'm sure.

Hi Karl intake is 3" shorter than stock ,hoping the 90 will make it closer to stock length ,so it may stay same, Brake mc is an inch away- pic does not show it ,possibly will get a wrap or we may run remote reservoir should be ok, Motul brake fluid, I will post fuel system and down pipe next ,working on it after hrs a little .

I have no motives here ! want input/ideas neg or pos. get tired of beating around bush or rambling ,sometimes wonder if they have cars at all ,anyway will keep posting customers project ,trying to keep simple ,serviceable daily driver sr project for JCCS maybe meet owner. Thanks for chimming in Karl.

I have a line on fresh painted 610 2dr ,Sitting 7yrs, maybe owner will donate for extra sr20det we have here !

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

TURBO & hardline plumbing. Again trying to hard to make a stock type install so I decided to make all lines hardlined welded with stock banjo fittings and hand bent EZ bend tubing that I sell from Brake quip,and also water input from idle control water supply 5/16 hose on opposite side of motor ,Also as is ,would and may still vibrate the hard lines to crack them so they will get some type of supports or tie together for vibration ,so I may re-do mine later on my own car ,we will see.104_1997.jpg104_2000.jpg104_1999.jpg104_2001.jpg[url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/104_1998.jpg.html]104_1998.jpgProject 610 is getting on floor and getting out to flush engine before assembly ,was rusty in clip sat for too long in Japan junk yard.

A couple things here my survey has asked ,The tubing kit was for a 240sx sr20det with smallish intercooler and 2.25 tubing on hot side and intercooler openings , I tried to follow inner fender as kit for 240 ran tubing ,reason for high set up on tubing and water and oil lines is for future AC going in this car so I kept a little high and out of the way again needs a couple mounts on lines , car was flushed out and will get new water pump and thermo,and re-assemble soon.

HATE TO SAY CAR IS TOO LOW 2.5" x member so with tires in dip exhaust already bottomed out ! this car was a very nice rust free body before this swap ,we will see how it evolves as a driver.Z shop dog German and Australian sheperds

Hey has any tried my weird radio station I keep trying to get you guys up north to check out , I prefer Passport approved show or Smiths in Moerning Please write feedback ,check it out Tristin wwwindie1031.com Hit listen live . [url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/104_2002-1.jpg.html]104_2002-1.jpg][url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/104_2004-1.jpg.html]104_2004-1.jpg[url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/104_2005.jpg.html]104_2005.jpg]

• 3 weeks later...

Ok miss other daily project ,  but lets try and finish this one ! here is a bracket from intake not used cut for tubing rubber mount , also modify some HKS cloned air filter , cut off back edge and drill some holes for bigger HKS air filter , also some painter found gold was too bright so it got painted black/orange marble ,tried apron from 74 model ,a little bigger ,fits fine , I may still cut out below grill section for more air above bumper ,also wiring up hayden fan control switch ,has extra wire for AC that turns one fan on with AC . Next .will be fit battery and blow off valve ,somewhere next to battery and finish wiring fan switch , I am also making a remote bigger oil filter with Aeroquip crimped hoses , then maybe try and get Zerow over to get rid of relays not used  ,Please add input ,I know I am slow flow installer.104_2017.jpgve 104_2019.jpg104_2024.jpg

104_2026.jpg

104_2025.jpg

104_2027.jpg

Lets keep project moving to get it running soon and out of my shop. Next Lt green ka24de wagon needs 25% to finish.

Water outlet cut and re-welded with and angle I can get a hose for, also welded a cut piece of a thermostat housing from L series and welded to SR water outlet , this is for factory 610 gauge for water temp sender , could of spliced in to SR ,but works at same relationship with stock sender ,temp is right on gauge anyway ,I used to tig a bit but now a kid that worked for me ,sometimes comes in after I tack and fit a bunch of stuff ,but now just fighting the dirty cast Alu. ,wire wheel and use thinner ect to clean metal,almost done welding !

Cold pipe side , cut hole for blow off valve and tack weld between battery and radiator , a little tight but still can access adjuster cause old dudes don't like cars that fart all the time loud, blow off valve works best on cold side near butterfly I am told .Also battery is going to try and stay there , I was going to make a hold down for Honda battery ,again battery was there on S13 .....

Please chime in I want input neg or pos . , also still Rock weird radio here in office indie1031.com please check out I like it so I am weird in my taste in music.[url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/104_2034.jpg.html]104_2034.jpg][url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/104_2038.jpg.html]104_2038.jpg[url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/104_2039.jpg.html]104_2039.jpg[url=http://s1183.photobucket.com/user/Alleycatgarage/media/104_2040.jpg.html]104_2040.jpg

• 11 months later...