L20b + more... what's it worth?

L20b short block (looks to have been rebuilt), SSS head, intake with mikuni solex 44's, header, bunch of misc parts for the L as well.

Guys, in your honest opinion, what's the "package" worth?

Also (and pardon my n00bness on this motor), what was it originally in?

Thanks all!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid $400 for my intake and Weber 44's

If the head is off the block you can go alot by looks and a straight edge.

Tearing the block down is pretty easy, you can always put it back together if everything is good

Any pic's?

well if the block and internals are stock, an those look to be some nice stiff springs an retainers.. i wonder if it has over sized valves.. that would help.. i would say anywhere from 105-120hp if your lucky, an on good gas with a good tune.. which is good for an l20b... now im no professional.. and im sure someone here would know more then i.. but thats a good guesstimate ;)

also if you spend more money, and bore that block out an stroker it.. and make sure the valves are over sized if not get it done and some port/polishin with a 3 angle valve grind an some port matching ect. an make sure those springs are super stiff if not get some that are.. and possibly a cam.. and maybe instead of usin a distributor get some coil packs with a CAS kinda like off the sr20det's you maybe able to pull a FOR SURE 120hp to maybe 130 or more.. again this is a guess but i've done alot of readin an seen people pull some nice numbers from a l20b

Looks like a regrind cam and those look like,maybe nismo lash pad retainers atop the valve springs. Suggesting some high $$$ head work.

A stock l20b with emissions on a 76 620 is stated on the engine tag to be 110 hp. I would think that could be a 135-145 hp setup. It all looks good and would be worth well over $1k.

Head rebuild would be at least $500 for competition parts,valve work,cam work.

Engine rebuild about $300-$500.

Mikunis and mani at least $400 used.Wayyyyy more new.

Header $150+ used.

blahblahblah

A great score for under a grand.