whiper issue

bonvo

ok in my 610 the whipers dont work unless there on "hi" (intermiten and low dont work) and they dont return to there original position when turned off they used to work but they dont now the only thing about the system that changed was the whiper blades i went to dual blade ones and it worked for a little bit then stoped any insite would be great

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok in my 610 the whipers dont work unless there on "hi" (intermiten and low dont work) and the system that changed was the whiper blades i went to dual blade ones and it worked for a little bit then stoped any insite would be great

Here is your problem....change those whiper blades for wiper blades and they should work much better. Unless you use them for whiping something...or someone. lol :lol:

JK Bonvo.....I couldn't help it.

May be time for an upgrade, if the motor is kaputt. There is a good write up for a modern motor in DQ http://www.dimequarterly.tierranet.com/articles/mazdawiperswap.shtml

I would first verify, like zuum510 suggested. Pull up the wipers, and with jumper wires, check the motor. Black is ground, and according to my Service Manual (1973), the blue wire is low, and the blue/white is high. If no movement, replace. If it works, you can rule out the motor. The only spare motor I have does not have intermittant function, so it works for a '73.

Remove the arms and put them on in the right position when shut off. The extra drag has allowed the spline to slip and re-position the arms, when the wiper returns to park it's out that much. Make sure they are tight and maybe think about single blades, not a fan of multi blades. Two works for shaving but more are a waste.

You are in california, what the hell do you need dual blades for.

The wire colors that ZEROW posted sound the same as the ones in a 620, so you might be able to use a diagram from olddat.com.

Zerow, i just installed my intermittent wipers in my 620 last weekend and the motor did not need changed at all. Everything about the wiring harness was the same at the motor. only need 5 wires at the motor for the factory 620 intermittent kit.

Jason

You are in california, what the hell do you need dual blades for.

The wire colors that ZEROW posted sound the same as the ones in a 620, so you might be able to use a diagram from olddat.com.

Zerow, i just installed my intermittent wipers in my 620 last weekend and the motor did not need changed at all. Everything about the wiring harness was the same at the motor. only need 5 wires at the motor for the factory 620 intermittent kit.

Jason

Yello620 - Help a brother out...Kit? Intermittant? :blink: 610s have a 2 position switch with a twist for washer fluid. I could go and look for a 620 switch. Are they 3 position? I am just not familiar :confused:

Ok, i called it a kit, but to my understanding it was a dealer installed kit when the 620 was new. Intermittent wipers were only available on the 79 king cabs as far as i can tell. 78 620's were not wired for them as per the wiring diagrams on olddat.com. the 610/710 had a intermittent option at some point, I have a three position switch from one of these cars, i think it was a 75. Three position and twist for wash. It took me a long time to find the 620 intermittent parts, only to find out that the 79 trucks have a slightly different dash harness to power the wiper delay box. Super simple modification to my harness made it work great and it looks completely factory, even the wiring.

If a person has a three position switch, i think it might be possible to wire in one of those cheap adjustable add-on intermittent wiper control boxes. I just hink that they look rather cheezy, so i wanted the factory unit.

Jason

Ok, i called it a kit, but to my understanding it was a dealer installed kit when the 620 was new. Intermittent wipers were only available on the 79 king cabs as far as i can tell. 78 620's were not wired for them as per the wiring diagrams on olddat.com. the 610/710 had a intermittent option at some point, I have a three position switch from one of these cars, i think it was a 75. Three position and twist for wash. It took me a long time to find the 620 intermittent parts, only to find out that the 79 trucks have a slightly different dash harness to power the wiper delay box. Super simple modification to my harness made it work great and it looks completely factory, even the wiring.

If a person has a three position switch, i think it might be possible to wire in one of those cheap adjustable add-on intermittent wiper control boxes. I just hink that they look rather cheezy, so i wanted the factory unit.

Jason

Note to self (aka Zerow's wish list):

3 position wiper switch from '79 truck. - Is the switch set up for fiber optics??

As if I almost care if it glows, just wanting it to match where I can. Don't want cheap aftermarket stuff, have enough of that going on right now, trying to eliminate (All Nissan Datsun award, here I come!)

Thanks Jason

-0-