KELMO

So, I bought this goon ..........

Time for the windshield to come out. Put tape all around the outside and do some careful cutting.

20axxBX.jpg

BmFsNKG.jpg

Took my time doing this so as not to scratch any paint or slice myself wide open should the blade come free. Used both hands for stability.

After making those cuts, the trim lifted right out.

EGR0Ziy.jpg

Then I started to make some cuts to find the edge of the glass.

VOivjcr.jpg

Once that part is complete, the glass will lift right out, and with any luck it will be in one piece.

• Like 1

Windshield out.

sC3QFdK.jpg

Cleaned up and ready for storage.....hope I have enough room in the windshield box.

yWfIA0u.jpg

Pretty sure this mirror is original.

zr2fSNd.jpg

• Like 1

Well did a little bit of work today......

bu6dtzK.jpg

Pulled these Obi Wans off.

Damn, they are a bit dirty.

9VWVnTg.jpg

Little bit of simple green and some Q tips......

Then, how in the French toast does this damn thing come off? It seems to be stuck in the middle where the turn indicators are.

xHQI7rI.jpg

Pretty sure the indicator lamps are holding it back but I can't get my dick skinners back there to remove them. I also think there should be enough harness to let it move in order to disconnect it. I am missing something and I am sure it is one of those "gees I can't believe I missed that" type of deals.

• Like 2

The light sockets twist 1/4 to lock in back there. Maybe some long needle nose to twist them?

• Like 1

Welp, guess that is on the agenda for tomorrow. I do have a set of needle nose that are about half as long as my mothereffing arm so........

The windshield is out so that helps a little but it seems there is a metal plate that will keep me from going in that way.  Gonna try it from the center where the heater controls are.  I can't help but think the whole thing should come out then disconnect the harness.  I have this piece out of the 4 DR and do not see where the indicator lamps would cause this issue.

Communist bastards that they are.

Edit: Space Odyssey post .............2001

• Like 1

Trying to dig up some of the old pics...

On the dollies at the old house.

QVBPTYg.jpg

It appears at least I have installed one door weatherstrip.

akGHy9R.jpg

Where she had to live for about a year until we found the new place.

qABGX3T.jpg

Still trying to figure out what pics are what on previous pages....might work, might not.

In the top left corner of the edit screen tool bar is a Button (BBCode Mode), Click that and it will show the picture name/code. Makes it easier to find the pictures.

• Like 1

BBCode Button.

BBCode_Noted.jpg

So, the dash is out.

mL38KUN.jpg

Rg9AAat.jpg

AND, I was sure I took these two screw out. Seems that I am the "Eternal 510 Newb". Geez Louise.

88iUZKJ.jpg

Gee, no wonder I couldn't get the instrument cluster out.

Gee, no wonder I couldn't get the instrument cluster out.

Wish I had seen this sooner, because that is exactly what I would have said to check first...   ^_^

I tell everyone I sell a 510 to, call me me if you have any questions. No one ever calls...   :P

The jacked up part about it is that I was positive I had removed them and with the crappy flashlight I was using and the ol' bifocals not in the right spot....well.

• Like 1

Got me enough glass run to do at least 2 doors. I am wondering which would be easier.....door on or off of the car.  Pretty sure the glass will need to come out(think I did the 1200 that way).

Thoughts?

Pretty sure the glass will need to come out(think I did the 1200 that way).

You do need the glass out, but it's a bit easier to remove on this than it is on the 1200. I would leave the doors on the car. 

Cool, thanks. Yeah the 1200 was a bit of a bitch kitty.

#cuzventwindow

#cuzventwindow

Yeah, that vent window is a blessing and a curse...   ^_^