my sons project 210 dirt track car

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, at first I was like, Look at this Noob tryin to put a rb25 AWD 510 together... and then all these dotto projects show up....lookin legit.  

Now its time for me to go to Aussiie land and kick you in the nuts and steal all your Datttos...  sorry, mine now...its alright, Jim Jefferies OKed it...

i might be a noob on here but not to dattos :P i have over 40 datsuns in my collection and have been racing and chopp'n them for about 25 yrs :)

I know , I quickly realized this...  good on you.  but I think I do have one up on you... 2 door 510... :)

Awesome project, I loves dirt track dattos :)

Just curious... Why does the motor look so far back into the fire wall? Looks hard to work on :(

Either way... Good luck with build and welcome to Ratsun :)

Awesome project, I loves dirt track dattos :)

Just curious... Why does the motor look so far back into the fire wall? Looks hard to work on :(

Either way... Good luck with build and welcome to Ratsun :)

cheers

the engines back there for better handling and easy to work on as the inside fire wall comes out for access also gives more room to move radiator etc back from getting damaged while racing

very cool, I've killed a few radiators at the track myself and balancing the car by moving that weight back a little I'm sure will help too, as mine gets pretty loose in the turns. Sounds like a well thought out build. :thumbup:

What numbers are you guys running on the sides of your race cars? just curious, as there are several of us on this site that race.

As i'm in USA and am unfamiliar with what kinda cars you guys will be competing against ,,, could you post a couple random pictures of others in class your going for out of complete curiosity ??   I'm asking because here most track cars usually have to run pretty much the same engine trans combos as came in car.. 

please.

:)

As i'm in USA and am unfamiliar with what kinda cars you guys will be competing against ,,, could you post a couple random pictures of others in class your going for out of complete curiosity ??   I'm asking because here most track cars usually have to run pretty much the same engine trans combos as came in car.. 

please.

:)

its for dirt circuit racing here is australia not a lot of rules any motor any chassis any body ,:) its a bit like rallycross or your good old boys stock cars

• Like 1