Finally found a Datsun! 79 620 pickup california stepside

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I sold my stepside bed this last weekend to fellow ratsuner Wayno, so I will be able to fund a standard bed for the truck.

If anyone has one in good shape let me know. I can now clean the rear frame and get it ready for paint. Removed front grille, bumper, driverside fender, and front valance to get a look at why I have a branded title due to the truck being totaled sometime in the past.

[/url]">http://IMG_1529_zpsbf72c5a5.jpg

IMG_1528_zps92517b53.jpg

Its hard to see but the core support is pushed in about 1" on the bottom driverside, the only way I can fix this is to replace core support.

IMG_1522_zps268a3b05.jpg

IMG_1523_zps04c887e8.jpg

IMG_1524_zpsa6b985bc.jpg

Replaced fuel lines to tank. This was the reason for the fuel leak, stunk up the garage pretty good, wife sqwawked a little bit about it lol.

IMG_1530_zpsb2ccae85.jpg

IMG_1521_zps7b8b855e.jpg

Frame needs a little help, need to pressure wash, replace brake and fuel hardlines as needed, replace ujoints and carrier bearing, shocks, service rear axle, needs to be lowered at least 3" in rear and 3" in front probably MOAR :D , then painted.

IMG_1527_zps9ffdfe2e.jpg

Thanks to Wayno I was able to pick up a few goodies at the wrecking yard off of a 78 620 KC. Unfortunatley this truck was rusted out so couldn't get the bed. But I got a few other things........headlight buckets, core weber carb, nice front bumper, hood hinges, and a water pump with bigger fan.

IMG_1527_zps9ffdfe2e.jpg

stay tuned more to come next weekend..............

• 2 months later...

Its been awhile since I posted but I am slowly making progress. I have decided to go with a 240sx KA24E motor & trans for drivetrain, so I sold my L20B and trans to fellow ratsun member dscottdatsun. In the meantime I ordered a set of belltech #2005 hardbody drop spindles from Stillen, and new centerlink and balljoints from rockauto. Oh and Friday I just happened to stop by my local wrecking yard for kicks and found an unmolested 87 Nissan d21 2wd v6 truck and bought the complete spindle assemblys with brakes and outer adjustable tie rods......all for $90 ! I also plan on going back for the M/C and P/B off of the same truck so I can see if they will fit in the 620 since the M/C is 15/16 on the hardbody. Today I pulled the stock spindle assys off and finished stripping the engine bay. Found rust gremlins had eaten some of my winshield lip off (see pic) Ill update when spindles and parts show up!\

Rust!

e05432b8-0be6-40bd-898a-ad1604644e35_zps

Better brakes

IMG_1649_zpsd0930923.jpg

IMG_1650_zps769c15ff.jpg

needs a moter

IMG_1648_zpsdd52617f.jpg

waitin for belltech goodies

IMG_1647_zpsfbc619e7.jpg

• 7 years later...