New to the datsun world

My dad bought a 78' 620 king cab, i was about 8 years old...he drove it for about 8 years as a daily driver took it back and forth to work everday...the company he worked for gave him at the time a brand new chevy work truck and a gas card...long story short the 620 ended up in the back yard on flats...now im 22 and im a proud owner of a 620 king cab and let me tell you i love this truck...this is my first car as ive always owned motorcycles..anyways i started out by cleaning the carb, replacing battery, changing oil, plugs, air filter, starter, valve cover gasket, fuel pump, and radiator...started right up!...i also replaced everything on the steering system as it was all rusted...now i want to do something about these dull headlights, any ideas? Want to install HIDs is there anything to the wiring i must change or add?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The lamps are all wrong for HIDs. Projector type lamps are best as there is a clearly defined shadow or cut off point so you don't blind oncoming drivers. You can up grade to Halogen or Xenon lamps if you can find the 5 3/4" lamps.

• 1 month later...