4x4 720 coilover suspension

Zlich

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to think along the lines of a straight axle from a Jeep that came with coils, like from a Cherokee (XJ) or a Wrangler (TJ).  Cheap Enough!

The width seems like it would work, but that would be just the start of it.  Lot's of work, that's for sure, but getting a good starting point helps a bunch.

Keep us posted if you go this route :)

Thats what I was thinking of doing too. I just wanted to see if anyone had done it with ifs. If it does go to that i will for sure post a project for it.

I will agree with torsions being a shitty setup.

The only way I can imagine getting c/o's to work properly on the stock a-arm setup would require some serious fab/skills that will be overkill for the weak front suspension.

SAS it and be done. FWIW I wouldn't put anything less than a Dana 44/Toy front axle in. Both are easy to find and upgrade out of a junkyards. They both also share our stock 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern.

Build according to your budget and end game desired results.

a few of these guys know how to do it, but they didnt say anything, those jerks! aha

from what ive read, its as easy as putting together your own coilovers (http://www.qa1.net/),

and then welding up mounts. beebani makes & sells em so you can go that route or just

have a good welder fab em up for you, but either way the mounts from him or someone else

will need to be welded up. google "ratsun 620 coilovers"

• 2 weeks later...

a linked suspension is what your wanting. Dont google datsun anything. Ya wont get much information. Instead, google toyota... You will gets wealth's of information. Linking a toyota. 4 or 3 link, they use jeep cheeroke springs i think. its a hassel. much easier to set up leaf springs. and they can be plenty capable for much cheaper. take a look towards my thread, give ya insight to leaf sprung suspension.

a linked suspension is what your wanting. Dont google datsun anything. Ya wont get much information. Instead, google toyota... You will gets wealth's of information. Linking a toyota. 4 or 3 link, they use jeep cheeroke springs i think. its a hassel. much easier to set up leaf springs. and they can be plenty capable for much cheaper. take a look towards my thread, give ya insight to leaf sprung suspension.

I dont really want a 4 or 3 link. Im just thinking itd be cool to run coilovers and slowly upgrade/add/fab new things. Sas was deffinatly where i wanted to get to at some point. I was really thinking of going with some jeep wrangler axles dana 30's i believe but have shocks/coilover suspension along with the leaf springs. truth be told this is new to me and most of my family my dad straight axled his 80/81 longbed with chevy 10 bolt axles i believe and one of his shackles broke. Im all for that but i wanna see what i can do before i got to halfton axles. only other sas we've owned have come sas from the factory. I also dont plan on doing crawling i like playing in puddles and getting the truck dirty maybe some trails and on occasoin crawling over stuff but not really my thing also havnt tried it so i dont know for sure.