Little D for sale

I'm going to post this, and some of you will laugh.  Someone out there may be interested, though, and it would help me out tremendously to let Little D go to another Datsun enthusiast at the right price.  I want $2500.  Please don't low-ball.  This price gets you all the work that's been done so far: car stereo install with amps, EQ, speakers, sub and Optima Yellow Top battery.  This isn't 100% complete, as the amps and EQ have yet to be mounted properly under the glove box, but this is over $1000 worth of car audio equipment.  The car has a new muffler and pipes and new tires.  $2500 also gets you a car with a new (used) Yakima roof rack with bike and cargo cage.  It gets the new rear Gabriel shocks, and new Napa Gold brakes, front and rear.  It also gets you the complete assessment of what needs to be done (although most of you will be able to determine this stuff yourself).  The interior has been taken out and stripped - the rear seats removed and the carpet and jute taken up.  I have a motorcycle muffler and three extra rims.  I will throw in some shop equipment to boot - a Duralast jack set and some Autozone Rhino ramps.  This price for all this stuff puts me at a loss, but saves me from future expense and puts me in a place where I can buy a 510 or 1200 at a later date (I do like the older, boxier style).  I cannot ship this car for you, you must pick it up.  It is available for viewing until next Tuesday or Wednesday, at which time it will be going to Boulder, CO.  

$2500.  Cash.  Please consider.

[/url]">http://ff9abdad-1103-4e62-a999-17a224e39e2f_zps

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Price goes to $3000 tomorrow, as new Gabriel struts are being installed and an alignment is being done.  I'm almost positive nobody is going to want to pay this (I know... shooting myself in the foot by saying so), but I'll leave the offer out there until I depart Portland next week.  If, by some chance, I get a radiator put on between now and then, the price will go up in accordance with that work.  Thanks.

No offense, and I'm sure I'll get a talking to for this. But this car was for, or has been, for sale on the portland craigs list for half a year or MORE.  I understand you are putting struts on, an alignment, possibly a radiator and some other parts..... But how does this warrant a 500 dollar increase?  This is just basic maintenance that needs to be done, not a super expensive motor swap, mod or body work etc.  An alignment is 27 dollars at les schwab.  The struts are 45 dollars each on rock auto. 

I understand it's your car, but with it being for sale in the portland area 6+ months at 2400, then jumping it up to 3 grand for general maintenance... I think you're moving in the right direction, but jumping a bit far ahead.

Post more pics btw.  As a buyer, nobody wants to go clicking around links to find your pictures.  It should all be displayed here, and proper paragraphs and some information about the car, what it is, what it has, what's been done, etc... Details, details, details.

• Like 1

There's an entire bucket full of pics linked in my project site.  Just look up Little D.  I completely understand your reasoning about the numbers and the fact that the PO had it listed for a long time.  Those numbers are legitimate to me, and I stand behind them.  This car may not be for the complete do-it-yourself person... I'm not one of those.  I supported local businesses and had work done.  $2500 is what the car is worth to me, and it's costing me $466 tomorrow for complete new Macphersons, an alignment and a 3-year warranty from Sears Automotive (which is transferable).  It's okay if people don't agree with my price... don't buy the car.  If nobody wants it at my price, Little D will come with me to Colorado (to the tune of $650 on an open transport).  I'll happily continue nurturing the little car along.  If I can sell it, I won't have to worry about the transport and I can possibly buy another car, as I mentioned.  Just to satisfy the picture issue, here are a few:

P1000163_zps3f06bd3b.jpg

P1000059_zpsb4c2885c.jpg

P1000052_zps0146195d.jpg

P1000061_zps848aa8b9.jpg

P1000032_zpsf0c3684e.jpg

Let's be clear again.  I'm casually interested in selling the car, not driven to sell.  If you find it too much trouble to search a link or ask a question you may have (even though you find time to criticize my chosen method of advertisement), then don't worry about it.  You don't have to buy it.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.