4x4 toyota caliper swap now barely have brakes. HELP!

Slide Star

The calipers are brand new, so is the master. It is the factory 72 sized master don't know the specific diameter sorry!

I have a wilwood my dad bought for another project of his. Problem is it's not split for rear and front. Is there a way I could use a splitter in the line or something? I need this car ready for a competition this weekend :hmm:

Yup you may be right, depends on what you want to see. If it's a stock replacement and 13/16" or larger it should be fine... that's what was on my 620.

The other thing is a cheap rebuilt master that was a fail right out of the box..

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A single master means that if you get even one leak you loose ALL brakes.

The Wilwood 1" masters these guys are using in the Z cars are a duplex master, so no issues with total brake failure if one line breaks.

I used to ice race old VW bugs with one circuit masters and yes you will fill your shorts if a line blows!

Ya Mike was referring to the one the OP was talking about though, which is a single apparently.

Since the OP completely ignored the question to clarify the master situation I'm moving on lol. If the master was changed it could def be the disk or air, if not then its def air and need to be bled more, thats all there is really.  

72240Z - I got confused with oldskoolvws' post with the hybrid z brake thread on the tandem masters (lots of good info there).

Slide Star, if you have not bled the Master as datzenmike suggested here is a pic of the set-up he was describing. The plastic tubes and fittings come with some new masters, but brake line can be used. Make sure the ends of the lines looping back into the reservoir are below the fluid level so air doesn't get a chance to re-enter the master.during the process. 

Image of a brake master being bled.

bleedMC5.jpg