Telkwa

Photobucket & Ratsun

There home office was described as a ghost town compared to the past a few years ago, maybe that will happen again, but until this site/forum hosts it own photos it will be at the mercy of photo hosting sites, and the overwhelming majority of members on here will not pay for photo hosting.

They say I am using over 500mb, at this moment I believe that means I have more than 500mb stored there, I suspect 25mb isn't very much, what used to be the issue was too many people were looking at my photos, that has not been an issue for me for years.

I have a question, is bandwidth and photo storage the same thing?

I thought storage was the storage of photos and bandwidth was how often a photo is viewed, is this correct?

I ask because in the past when I posted photos hosted by Photobucket and it was viewed by too many, it would get locked out and a warning was sent to me via email that I was using too much bandwidth, this only happened a couple times early on just after I joined Ratsun, but I have not used PB for anything in a very long time except storage of what I have had there for about a 5 year period, I have not signed on there in a very long time, most my threads are buried pages deep, yet PB has told me I am using too much bandwidth, could this be storage being called something else?

Or could people searching Datsun kingcab on the internet and seeing one of my photos be the issue as a lot of my photos show in that type of search? 

They say I am using over 500mb of bandwidth per month, I am restricted to 25mb per month, I just don't see people on Ratsun looking at my photos anymore being all my threads with PB photos are buried so deep except the 521 kingcab thread which is getting no replies except for my update post.

I am not whining, I am just trying to understand how PB works or if they are calling apples oranges.

They are also saying I can unsubscribe to the messages, has anyone ever done that(unsubscribe) and found themselves with no account?

25 minutes ago, wayno said:

I have a question, is bandwidth and photo storage the same thing?

I thought storage was the storage of photos and bandwidth was how often a photo is viewed, is this correct?

I ask because in the past when I posted photos hosted by Photobucket and it was viewed by too many, it would get locked out and a warning was sent to me via email that I was using too much bandwidth, this only happened a couple times early on just after I joined Ratsun, but I have not used PB for anything in a very long time except storage of what I have had there for about a 5 year period, I have not signed on there in a very long time, most my threads are buried pages deep, yet PB has told me I am using too much bandwidth, could this be storage being called something else?

Or could people searching Datsun kingcab on the internet and seeing one of my photos be the issue as a lot of my photos show in that type of search? 

They say I am using over 500mb of bandwidth per month, I am restricted to 25mb per month, I just don't see people on Ratsun looking at my photos anymore being all my threads with PB photos are buried so deep except the 521 kingcab thread which is getting no replies except for my update post.

I am not whining, I am just trying to understand how PB works or if they are calling apples oranges.

They are also saying I can unsubscribe to the messages, has anyone ever done that(unsubscribe) and found themselves with no account?

You are correct in your definitions.

It's either they are lying about the usage or you've got a lot of pics floating around. I think my email from them says I'm using like 2.5GB of bandwidth.. I just ignore the emails. I'll need to go back and relink all my pics to my new hosting.. someday...

I have posted a lot of photos over the last 9 years, I quit using them after the first big change.

I just don't see that many people looking at my PB hosted photos anymore, I received a message from them a while back about my stored photos and how much space it took, they said nothing about bandwidth then.

PB is just annoying now, their attempt to hold every ones photos hostage was the start, and even though they have a new CEO their policies appear to be the same, they try to scare people into giving them money, it reminds me of Portland OR when the released prisoners out of jail live on TV, showing them running out of the building.

• Like 1

I have all my photos and many on a hard drive. I only put photos that I wanted into a hosting site I would never store them there. In this day and age storage space is cheap and getting cheaper and larger and larger. Look at you-tube, they store 300 hours of viewing every minute!!!!!!! every friggin' minute. That's 12.5 days worth every minute. 432,000 hours a day. So fuck FB and their whining.

Wayno, I got the same email.  I haven't uploaded any pics in a while.  I did recently go on PB and deleted all but ones I remembered posting on this forum.  I've only posted on here, and a few other forums I don't go on anymore,  using PB.  So, I'm pissed because some of my pics on here, I want to remain on this forum, they are informational on some of my threads or comments.  Pictures in a "How to" topic, are important to understand what your are trying to convey.  So, after I did delete most of my pics on PB, I have them on hardrives, I received another email about being over the bandwidth!  So, looks like all my threads and post with pics from PB will be blurred, cause I'm not paying PB!  I'm not going through the hassle of another pic hosting site, modifying all threads with the new hosting site etc.  Just to much computer crap for me, rather been driving in my car, spearing, sailing, skiing, or kicking back!