DON'T Use Photobucket on Ratsun

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wayno: I just received an email offer "good for only seven days" of $99 a year up to 300,000 pics form your favorite site.

Not saying I will do this..... just passing this along.

I hope you are doing good Eric. :) 

You and everyone else should do what is in your best interest, there are certain folks on here that really cannot switch and let their account go dormant, they have so much invested into their account/accounts and are stuck, but the ones I am thinking about have been paying all along, they are the ones that will suffer the most for being loyal customers all these years if they fail. :(

The offer in my spam folder from them had a 7 day limit also, I noticed it about a week after the deadline, but I would not have paid anyway, the way they went about it just makes me think I am better off not even dealing with them at all, they seem to surprise everyone every time they make a change, no warning, they just make major changes, the last major change they removed the feedback link so no one could complain anymore, there were hundreds and hundreds of complaints from paying customers.

I have every photo I have ever taken on my computer Redeye, but I have published so many photos that I am not even going to try and fix them.

• Like 1

I have all mine too, they are are resized and some renamed by photobucket though, so it was easier to replace the pics with the actual file. 

There is now way I could ever fix every pic I have posted, just too many to deal with. I am just updating my build threads here as I get time.

• Like 1

I am not going to replace all my photos with photos from a different outside host paid or free, it is a waste of time as in 3/5 years they will just disappear again when I don't pay.

I have all mine too, they are are resized and some renamed by photobucket though, so it was easier to replace the pics with the actual file. 

There is now way I could ever fix every pic I have posted, just too many to deal with. I am just updating my build threads here as I get time.

• Like 1

I started using Chrome and firefox at the same time to fix my build thread.

So i use Chrome ( with app)  to see and be able to download pics into PC then load onto Imgur and post in correct order on Forum .  I then switch tabs to Firefox to see which ones are still grey squares,,, or if it has double posts, and delete those.  That way i can redo each post individually so pictures are easier for me to keep track of , order wise.

It is slow and it sucks but it works, 

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

That seems to work nicely in chrome.  I've been using the other fix that was provided by a member here, but every time chrome opened, I had to click cancel in a box that popped up about the extension.  This appears to work without any extra interaction.  Thanks!!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I found out today that the Google Chrome Embed Fix needed to be updated in mid 2017, this fix allows me to see every ones photos, not just my own photos, I can even see the MX520 photos now which I could not see before.

I removed the old PB fix from my extensions and then went to the Google Chrome store and added the present free Embed Fix and all is good, I can see all the photos now, not just my own photos.

UPDATE YOUR EXTENSION!!! :)

• Like 3
  • 2 months later...

I keep getting e mail 'feelers' from PB. I used to copy my first reply and send it again and again telling them to fuck off. I now send unopened to the spam. I guess the Outlook/Hotmail can't learn to send them there directly.

Great, another change. The images I had posted through POSTIMAGE.IO no longer displayed although my account was fine and all my photos were on their 'new' website.

I couldn't just edit the domain name of each photo either. I had to go back in and copy the entire new string to get them to display.

My video on how to post images on Ratsun is no longer accurate... 

• 3 weeks later...

I keep getting e mail 'feelers' from PB. I used to copy my first reply and send it again and again telling them to fuck off. I now send unopened to the spam. I guess the Outlook/Hotmail can't learn to send them there directly.

I just got a e-mail from Photofuck offering 29.99 a year.
  • Like 1