My first project!

amberlynn

Hello all,

I recently started work on my first project car! Super exciting. Here's my 77 B210.

1375_zps9617ddd9.jpg

It wasn't this nice looking to begin with. Between getting it and now I had to take care of a lot of body rust, and there is still plenty left over. There is a hole the size of a hefty grapefruit in my passenger side floorboard. But it runs, and it runs pretty damn well which is better than a lot of people start out with. I will update with some of the steps I took so far once I get some more of the technical work done.

The plan as of right now is to swap in a hand-me-down L20 and update suspension.

:thumbup:  

• Like 3
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't for sale in AZ I'm pretty sure, at least not for a long long time. As requested, here are some more pics.....

Here's a pic of me and the baby at NISMOFIESTA this year.

902011_10200946542490923_922625923_o_zps

This is when I first got it and then when I started bondo and sanding out some rust.......

original_zpsd4fc5006.jpg

676_zps0e901334.jpg

IMAG0507_zps59d07e1a.jpg

Here it is sitting next to my BFs 510 right after we closed on our first house!

678_zps8fd8e479.jpg

and here's a good view of that bumper and the front of the car now....

903536_10200946541570900_2007214196_o_zp

I really like the bumper setup too. I always hated the big clunky bumpers (no offense to those of you who love them...).

The sway bar was there when I got it, but I'm sure I can find out. The back bumper is the stock big clunky style thing. I'm trying to find another option for that too, might just see if I can fabricate something like the front to put there. I like the straight squared off bar.

Yeah, the square seems to fit the car pretty well.... and its alot cheaper than a JDM bumper haha.

Shoot, i've been trying to find a sway bar that would fit my B210 with the stock air box... but i think it would get in the way

oh yea, i remember that car,  i almost bought it as a parts car last year, or maybe it was late '11.  im still kicking myself for not coming up with the $450 he was asking.  the amount of rust freaked me out,  i hope youve gotten it under control

I was looking into it, and if you don't have the time or energy to make a bumper like that, they make similar straight bar bumpers that came on old jeeps or jeep crawler bumpers that are the same width. You would have to make new mounting points, but it would work all the same.

Also, the rust is pretty awful but I got a lot of it handled on the outside of the car. Had to bring it all down to bare metal and sand out a lot of rust and re-fill. Going to have to do some fiberglass near my fenders too, but the bodywork seems to be the easiest part for me as long as I take my time with it. I will have to do some research on welding and practice up because once I gut the interior I'm sure I'll find more holes.

im happy to see that this car is back on the road. honestly when i passed on it, i was almost sure that the owner was going to have the car crushed.  it was literally 50 yards from a recycler-  i could see a line of cars waiting to be junked.  anyway, the PO that you bought it from obviously put some time into it.  here is what it looked like in the field where i saw it.

5O65U55X13n23p03lebcd1d3336f4ff411c14.jp5Q15U45P53nd3k33labcd62ffd0a289941a78.jp

001-1.jpg

003.jpg

all i got before my battery died