WTB: 510 Wagon $3-4k west coast

Aloha! I live in Hawaii and am coming to the mainland in june/july for a family vacation. I want to buy a 510 wagon and ship it back to hawaii. I just got beat to a sweet wagon in Portland and have a raging case of 510-itis and some money burning a hole in my pocket. Long time Ratsun lurker, had a wagon in the late 80's and all the honda's, toyota's and volvo's have never took its place as my favorite car. I'm interested in complete cars with stockish interiors and running condition. Of course, they all need work, but no basketcases. I have family in Portland, Central California and a ratsun friend in Bend. If you need cash and want your goon to go to a good home, hit me up...Aloha!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in complete cars with stockish interiors and running condition. Of course, they all need work, but no basketcases.

Yo Tristin...you might have missed this when posting that link! :P

Its not a complete basket case... and almost all the stock interior is there minus carpet.... which would just mean he would have to buy something from you, so shut up or you dont get a sale. Im trying to help everyone out :rofl:

Plus, Im sure Hobbes could get it running for the right deal. That L20 is ready to drop in so Im sure something could be worked out. 

I sold an orange wagon to a guy in Hawaii. It was 1400 to ship it there.  And that was a few years back.

I checked with Pasha shipping and it's $1100 after taxes,etc. Matson is prolly more. That orange wagon is pretty much what I'm looking for, condition wise.

That wagon is a right on the verge of basketcase-ery. The freshly painted engine is a nice touch, almost makes me want to take it home and put in my nest. Haha! Forgot to mention my other goal of minimal rust. I know I have a lot of demands, I'm shooting high...

71 DIMER, I saw your Grandmas goon, That thing is inspiring. Really, really clean. That old gal needs to go to a good home and be cuddled in a garage. Do you have an interest in old stock Japanese motorcycles? Jap bike plus cash? My dad has about 60 holed up in a shop in the Sierra foothills. He gets em from old ladies in Fresno on Craigslist. He's got a couple rare ones. Big Kawasaki two strokes, Honda CBX. I might get him to part with one for a worth cause.

I also forgot to mention I think Ratsun is my favorite automotive site. I've seen a few. The projects, people, drama and Datsun-love are all awesome!

I checked with Pasha shipping and it's $1100 after taxes,etc. Matson is prolly more. That orange wagon is pretty much what I'm looking for, condition wise.

That wagon is a right on the verge of basketcase-ery. The freshly painted engine is a nice touch, almost makes me want to take it home and put in my nest. Haha! Forgot to mention my other goal of minimal rust. I know I have a lot of demands, I'm shooting high...

71 DIMER, I saw your Grandmas goon, That thing is inspiring. Really, really clean. That old gal needs to go to a good home and be cuddled in a garage. Do you have an interest in old stock Japanese motorcycles? Jap bike plus cash? My dad has about 60 holed up in a shop in the Sierra foothills. He gets em from old ladies in Fresno on Craigslist. He's got a couple rare ones. Big Kawasaki two strokes, Honda CBX. I might get him to part with one for a worth cause.

I also forgot to mention I think Ratsun is my favorite automotive site. I've seen a few. The projects, people, drama and Datsun-love are all awesome!

Haha, I agree with your 'verge of basketcase-ery' comment...I mean I look at that and it needs A LOT of work, but then again I think you know what I'm comparing it to...oh and thanks for the compliment btw!  Yes I'm lucky that I have 3 pretty nice Datsun 510's right now.  All this talk about the 'Leno' effect is hilarious...the prices have been going up for a while now, trust me I have been in the Datsun game since 1990, so I know.  One celebrity posting a video of a car (that's not even his), isn't why prices have gone up.  Anyway back on point, thanks and if I knew anything about motorcycles I might be interested but I don't even ride...still interesting :P Sierra foothills huh...any chance they're by Murphys?  :)

Be sure to go over the wagon good.  The one I sold Lance was in pretty decent shape. However, nothing can be loose inside the car.  Nor any broken glass, such as a cracked windshield. 

Not knowing this, caused a little bit of panic.  I had almost 0 time to remove everything from the car as they came same day and I was at work. Once the wagon was at the port in Seattle, they said the windshield has a crack.  Lance had to find one quick and have it replaced ASAP before it shipped out. I think Magic Carpet was the service.  1400 covered them picking the wagon up from my house, and getting it to Hawaii. 

Good luck on your venture.

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3759424102.html

Lack of interior pics and his comment about it being "decent" makes me question how it looks inside. But it does appear to be a pretty straight body. I'd buy it if I had the money.

She's sold. 4 days ago. I almost got "Agnes".71 wagon couple cars down on craigslist/Portland/510. Had the money to my cousin in Portland. But somebody beat me to her. : (

I ended up deciding I needed to buy the 69 seafoam, "Granny goon". The thrill of buying something for cheap doesn't last as long as the satisfaction of owning a quality item. Thanks to everyone who I bugged and helped me especially my buddy," Just Joel" who went out of his way to give me advice and offer his time to help me acquire a car from 3000 miles away. When I get her home this summer, I'll start another 510 Goon thread from Hawaii!

ALOHA !

Damn grandma took care of this car

nice find looks great

Hey Randy, you know my things are always nice, hell look at the wheels you bought from me! So of course my (ok Josh's) wagon is clean! Haha :)

The "Granny Goon" would of been mine if something didn't happen and if I would of just make up my f**king mind.... :mad:

Anyhow, congrats Josh :thumbup:

You should have taken the pre-ad posting deal I offered you Derek since I actually turned down cash offers for that price I gave you after I placed the ad!

Oh well...congrats on what did happen none the less! :)

I think it's just the fact that it's daylight and the angle of the camera.  They light up fine, I took these at night a few weeks later after taking the video. But I hear you, I soaked a spare fuse box in white vinegar for a full day and wow, what a difference in cleaning up those contacts...now if I could only find where I left that fuse box! 

8D568C27-139A-422E-B7CE-9B92B4E6CCA7-178

EDBB6C37-EA93-4F94-8BD3-E19856F0D17C-178

B8149C75-ED1A-459D-81A7-4493380E8D53-178

D36D3060-B315-43B7-B529-218C3AC902FB-178

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.