$1,800 Datsun 510 JDM Supersonic Grill

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

considering what ive seen those go for the price doesnt seem to far out there but its not a "supersonic" grill its a 73 SSS grill

You could call it a Supersonic grille as its the only one with a Supersonic logo, but...

Technically it was a GL grille as that's the car it came off of. I'm the one that sold this grille to Wisk (if I remember correctly). He did a fantastic job refinishing it.

GLWS. I was sad to hear you sold your Coupe... hope all is well.

See above post. It was a GL grille where the GL emblem broke in half so no emblem on it. There is a Supersonic emblem on eBay right now though. 

So, what you're saying is that calling this a "Super Sonic" grill is in fact really a forgery or at best a misrepresentation?

• Like 1

So, what you're saying is that calling this a "Super Sonic" grill is in fact really a forgery or at best a misrepresentation?

No, not at all. Both the SSS and GL grilles like this came with the Supersonic badge I believe. Then what made it either a SSS or GL was the secondary badge and what type of car it was installed on. The core grille is exactly the same. The seller is right in calling it what it is... there's no forgerys or misrepresentation at all.

This is a 1972 Supersonic/SSS/GL grille that's been beautifully restored. It's rare, in great shape, and the grille everyone seems to want.

Mike, I am not misrepresenting anything. If you also read carefully, I stated if you are not interested in buying then dont comment. This is simply something that everyone would love to have and it is considered a supersonic grill due to the badge it carried.

So, what you're saying is that calling this a "Super Sonic" grill is in fact really a forgery or at best a misrepresentation?

if i bought this grill, i could hang it on my wall, and cancel my cable and internet subscription. then in ten years when im done with the resto on my car it'll have paid for it's self.

Maybe if you work a little harder and make a little more money you wont have to cancel your cable bill and finish your project in half the time.

Finally. Someone who gets it hahahaha.

• Like 1

Mike, I am not misrepresenting anything. If you also read carefully, I stated if you are not interested in buying then dont comment. This is simply something that everyone would love to have and it is considered a supersonic grill due to the badge it carried.

Thank you for clearing this up!  Hope it sells for a good price.

Maybe if you work a little harder and make a little more money you wont have to cancel your cable bill and finish your project in half the time.

i work plenty hard.i spend as much money on my multiple datsun projects as i can afford. i also have other responsibilities that take up both my time and money. so if you're joking haha, if not,  suck it.

note to self. always have at least 1 beer before getting on line. its beautiful. if i had the dough id buy it in a second.

Right on bro. I tell myself the same thing every time. Take it easy & thanks.

$1800 for a GRILLE? REALLY?  Is there a car attached to it? RIPOFF!
I guess the Leno effect has jacked up the price of 510 PARTS as well. :rolleyes:

Mr. Cool please read and obey the rules for posting comments in the classified section. You may not call into question the sellers price. In the past this has led to flaming wars and sellers simply not wanting to endure all the bullshit trying to sell here. Parts trading, exchanging and selling is at the heart of what keeps our Datsuns alive and well and back on the road. FWIW if it's over priced it simply won't sell. Most enthusiasts know what something is worth... or should. 

Would you be interested in any trades towards the price of the grill?

DSCN8046.jpg

Mine and most other pics I see are gold in the "studded" part in the center. Are they both factory correct, or was that one painted silver, or am I imagining that it is silver?

Last year this same grill sold on eBay for 2700 so if u don't like his price find one cheaper

One cheaper: http://www.ebay.com/itm/390582396700 :p

Although unrestored and still in Japan