Ka24de swap into '72 620 bulletside

Tyler620

im about to buy my buddies dual cam engine, tranny, and ecu after he swaps his 240sx with an Rb20. what are all of the parts that ill need to buy besides what my buddy is giving me. for example i know im gonna need some engine mounts, but what else is a must for this swap!?? im going into this with no experience and can use all of the advice from the pros!!!!

Thanks

P.S. are coilover conversions possible with my truck??? ive been told it isnt really worth doing because of difficulty.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

while reading the motor mount link, it mentions using certain transmissions because they are easier to bolt on than the KA tranny. should i just stick with the KA tranny im being given?

while reading the motor mount link, it mentions using certain transmissions because they are easier to bolt on than the KA tranny. should i just stick with the KA tranny im being given?

The easiest solution is a NAPZ transmission from a 720. The one from the donor will work bu it is longer than the truck transmissions.

You will want to make sure which transmission is in the truck already. If it is a long tail trans it will be a direct bolt in swap. If it is a short tail, you will need to get long tail crossmember and driveshaft.

What Adam said...

and dont forget BeeBani's coil over mounts :thumbsup:

The easiest solution is a NAPZ transmission from a 720. The one from the donor will work bu it is longer than the truck transmissions.

You will want to make sure which transmission is in the truck already. If it is a long tail trans it will be a direct bolt in swap. If it is a short tail, you will need to get long tail crossmember and driveshaft.

forsure, i gotta have this all figured out before i get the motor and that stuff. gonna boost the motor :devil: 

and eric,

i read on another post that its not easily done getting coils on this truck...

but yeah ill make a build thread lol.. any you guys WA local by chance???

forsure, i gotta have this all figured out before i get the motor and that stuff. gonna boost the motor :devil:

and eric,

i read on another post that its not easily done getting coils on this truck...

but yeah ill make a build thread lol.. any you guys WA local by chance???

I live in Marysville and work in Bothell

I live in Marysville and work in Bothell

yeup we live pretty close to eachother, i live in edmonds. ive got a shop that will charge me out the ass to do this conversion. know any local datsun gurus willing to help me out for pizza/beer?

p.s. is your name bill??? some guy gave me a number to someone who lived in marysville that was heavily into Datsuns.