Datsun 520..... Will I Fit?.....

Tennessee

Hey guys,

First time poster long time stalker on this forum. Well I have finally found a Datsun on the East coast that isnt scrap material that I would like to buy. Its a Datsun 520 that does not run but has a straight body for $800. My dilemma is the truck is located about two hours away and I've never sat in one, I'm 6'3" 230 lbs.... the gym is my home... So, would a sasquatch fit in this beauty? or do I take the walk of shame and look for a cab over?

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6'3", just under 6'4", 195lbs, my head hits the roof over big bumps and my knees are bent quite a bit.  A lot of the problem is my stock seat is too high and bouncy.  When I replace it or redo it I plan to go with something more shallow and firm.  Can't beat the 521 style, though, so no other options :P

Hey guys,

First time poster long time stalker on this forum. Well I have finally found a Datsun on the East coast that isnt scrap material that I would like to buy. Its a Datsun 520 that does not run but has a straight body for $800. My dilemma is the truck is located about two hours away and I've never sat in one, I'm 6'3" 230 lbs.... the gym is my home... So, would a sasquatch fit in this beauty? or do I take the walk of shame and look for a cab over?

The 520/521 have the same amount of room in the cab, your knees are always going to be bent, I am 6'1", and if I got my left foot as high as I could against the firewall behind the dash, and if I slid my ass as far back in the seat as possible, I could lock my left knee straight.

It drove me crazy on long trips(more than a couple hours), as I couldn't get comfortable anymore without driving in weird positions, like pushing the gas pedal with my left foot while my right leg is in the passenger side foot well.

I found the cure for me, make them into kingcabs.  :lol:

They still are cool trucks, so make the trip and sit in it, if you can get in it, then buy it, it's not likely you will regret it because of a legroom issue.

I am 6'1", and I am looking up at Jrock, and he fits in his 521 which has the same legroom, you are likely going to fit also.