Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't been able to touch anything for about a year. My friend let me borrow his fatlace wheels so I can get alignment with specs I wouldn't mind running. Plan on putting in work during spring break but well see how that goes.

F:15x8.5 -6 205-50

R:15x9.5 0 225-50

30645_zpst8lnctue.jpeg

• Like 2

Been a really long time since I posted here, but here is a pic I took of my Z yesterday. They are about to paint it and I went to talk paint. I'm going with the original Metalic Blue that it came from the factory with. The paint sample seemed to get a little lighter than I expected as it dried, but I have to wait until we get some sunshine so I can really see how it looks. I may end up having them darken it a bit if I feel it's too light. The picture of the paint sample isn't very good. I think the white balance is off a bit. That thing in the background is actually a part of my keyboard and is black.

0309151143.jpg

0309152103.jpg

Thanks, gotta do a few more things till its road worthy again. Then more pics. The Yoda, as we call it, needs alot of TLC, but should be on the road late spring.

You've got work to do?? Haha. I need to get a safer fuel delivery etc.

20150313_200533_zpsdragwdeo.jpg 20150313_145008_zpsnhuulf91.jpg

• Like 1

My first car was a Datsun. A 1600 Roadster, which I still own. Subsequently, I had numerous 510's, a few 620's, a sweet 810 Hardtop, some B210's & 210's, a 710 Hardtop, and, for a while, an A10/510 Wagon. So, about 20 Datsuns in all - but never a Z-Car. This hole in my "resume'" could not stand!

Last summer, I found a 1973 240Z (4-speed) with known history, and: Under 38K original miles. (Documents support this, pedal pads, paint and glass back that up). No rust anywhere, (honest, I looked very carefully, and the car was undercoated when new) never crashed (LH door poorly repainted/"blended" during original ownership after a rock was thrown up by a passing car, scratching - not denting - the lower part of the door). The interior is 99% perfect. No cracking or fading anywhere, as it was always garaged by PO's, and myself.

Who knew something like this could turn up on CL in Next-to-Nowhere Oregon? Don't worry: I did not buy it for a ridiculously low price, but paid a fair amount - just under the asking price.

This car is pretty much stock - only a few mods that I am reversing, and a few I am undertaking. (Such as removing the four-barrel carburetor setup owner #2 dropped in. I have a perfectly redone set of early round-top SU's, which will go in with an exhaust manifold that does not have the smog equipment and air-injection stuff). A better exhaust must follow, I suspect, as the one from the factory is still mounted, and is nearing the end of its days.

I will not be doing anything to this Z that canot be unwound, but am open to ideas those more knowledgeble than myself may know to make for a better Z experience..

So far, I replaced the original clutch, shocks, brake hoses and fuel hoses. I always liked the 280ZX 6-spoke wheels, so switched to those. (BTW: The wheels I took off - shown in the photo - are available, if anyone wants to trade/purchase).

I'm getting the dash bulbs in, and sprung for a re-worked quartz clock conversion. Also ditched the melted fuse block and added headlamp/park lamp relays. Next up is replacing the aged rubber suspension bits with neoprene upgrades, and installing F & R anti-sway bars. Another thing high on my list: Switching out those ugly-ass Oregon "Tree" license plates this summer when it is time to renew the registrtation. I'm thinking "Pacific Wonderland" plates would be much better.

Should be a really nice "survivor" - and I plan to drive it as much as possible. (Which  would be more pleasant/safer with improved seat belts. Any suggestions on that?)

Looking forward to how this goes.