Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

Syncro, I'm inclined to agree.  The wing was bought right after Hybridz did wind tunnel testing several years ago and it was proven to be the best wing setup.  However, I just installed it last weekend, I'm torn between the functionality and the style.  And right now, I'm not driving fast enough for functionality :-) .  

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this ZX waisting away in a garage.  It has been there since at least 2005.  It has low miles (about 72K), the body is straight with the exception of door dings.  I have drained the gas, and cranked the engine over and it does turn over.  Have not attempted to start it yet.  I have plugs, wires, cap and rotor waiting to instal.  It needs new injector connectors ( old and missing clips) and the vacuum lines are all original and need replaced.  Any other recommendations before I get started?

20130210_130205_zps4e7983ae.jpg

20130210_130138_zps39be008e.jpg

20130210_130231_zpsa93e6ad5.jpg

20130210_130049_zpsd28983fe.jpg

I found this ZX waisting away in a garage.  It has been there since at least 2005.  It has low miles (about 72K), the body is straight with the exception of door dings.  I have drained the gas, and cranked the engine over and it does turn over.  Have not attempted to start it yet.  I have plugs, wires, cap and rotor waiting to instal.  It needs new injector connectors ( old and missing clips) and the vacuum lines are all original and need replaced.  Any other recommendations before I get started?

I would recommend replacing the upper and lower radiator hoses. Rubber fuel lines, and changing of fluids. when you drained the gas, did you also drain the lines? The 240 I currently have sat for six years and the hard lines were clogged with gummed up fuel. I ended up replacing all the rubber fuel lines and the few vacuum lines it has.

Not sure yet. Will not be going too crazy. The reason I sold the Evo was because it was too much of a pain to drive on the street (E85, heavily camed, scraped on everything, no interior, etc).

So goal will to keep it very streetable but still have decent power and handling. Exterior will stay fairly stock except wheels. Interior will be unchanged. Suspension will be some sort of coilovers for a little drop. Brakes need to be updated and converted to disc in the rear. And for sure need to get a motor with some balls (undecided).

But right now I am just enjoying it. Reading alot on the forums to see what options there are and driving it to see what I really need to change.

7498532384_41fa6e30e4_z.jpg

• Like 1

I found this ZX waisting away in a garage. It has been there since at least 2005. It has low miles (about 72K), the body is straight with the exception of door dings. I have drained the gas, and cranked the engine over and it does turn over. Have not attempted to start it yet. I have plugs, wires, cap and rotor waiting to instal. It needs new injector connectors ( old and missing clips) and the vacuum lines are all original and need replaced. Any other recommendations before I get started?

20130210_130205_zps4e7983ae.jpg

20130210_130138_zps39be008e.jpg

20130210_130231_zpsa93e6ad5.jpg

20130210_130049_zpsd28983fe.jpg

Ask FricFrac he makes Wiring harnesses and repair kits for 280zx, he's a member here too.

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/104419-s30-and-s130-wiring-harness-repair-kits-you-need-this-if-you-have-an-l28e-or-l28et/

• Like 1

Before you put the fire to it, pull the plugs and valve cover. Pour some oil on the cam and rockers. Hook a starter button up to the starter and spin it over until you build oil pressure and you can see the top end getting lube. Seal it back up, install plugs and fire it up. 

• Like 1

You can always download it onto your phone or tablet. Thats what I do its really nice becuase a year subscription is like 2.90 haha.

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot all about my Zinio account. I checked and it is only on April, so I guess I have one to look forward too. In the meantime I have a crap ton of magazines to read from there.