Pic's of your Z

LAYEDOUTB2K

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took my Z out on the freeway today which was the first time in a long time. The most scariest drive I have ever experienced. I think that my steering rack is dead, there is so much slack in the steering wheel. Also I think I need to re weld my rear camber plates because I'm running way to much camber. Time for stage 2 of my build! I need to start hoarding parts. :geek: I might start a build thread, maybe..

Took my Z out on the freeway today which was the first time in a long time. The most scariest drive I have ever experienced. I think that my steering rack is dead, there is so much slack in the steering wheel. Also I think I need to re weld my rear camber plates because I'm running way to much camber. Time for stage 2 of my build! I need to start hoarding parts. :geek: I might start a build thread, maybe..

I doubt its a dead rack. Its pretty common that the rack bushings go. Have someone turn the wheel while you watch the rack, if it slides back and forth you need bushings. 

Shot rack bushings will make the car feel extremely squirrely on the highway. Then again so will slamming the car and not having it dialed in. Not saying thats the case on your z but that slamming the car can complicate things

Unf. Black on white is extremely sexy.

Black on white is nice bu I dont like the black trim down the bottom, it make the car seem higher then it is.

• Like 1

Well. Z has been up and running for a couple of weeks. Removed my bumpities, got myself some new wheels + extended studs, a new set of poly bushings, and ended up changing all of my connectors. She can idle at the proper rpm now and not die! Now on to deal with the bucking issues!

Updated photo

lovey.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

B11B1FB2-0953-4BD5-8EF1-7EFE4EBC39F3-666

Looks like the angle of your spoiler is off. Having it set up at the same angle as your rear window defeats the purpose of having a spoiler. Its to help generate downforce. Just some friendly advise. Over all I like the look of the car

Looks like the angle of your spoiler is off. Having it set up at the same angle as your rear window defeats the purpose of having a spoiler. Its to help generate downforce. Just some friendly advise. Over all I like the look of the car

Thanks, I'm not entirely sold on keeping it. In all reality it probably needs to be another ~6" taller to get into clean air.

Outside of that you mean the rake on the actual spoiler?