1964 320 build downunder

msdm

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Datsun-Tasmania/363783110314176

Hey everyone. finally got around to starting the old 320 project. got her as a rolling shell. now its at the fabrication and has an L20b fitted with a stumpy 5 speed box behind it. should have it back in a few weeks with the tunnels modified and floor pans replaced and everything fitting snugly together. possibly the disc brake conversion but might save that for later. then the mission will be on to get a radiator fitted, wire up the 720 harness fit the twin 40's and extractors, and hope she fires up :) a few pics in the link below and ill update as i go.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.539581659400986.141177.363783110314176&type=3

• Like 5
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here ya go mate. ive been floating around just keeping pretty quiet cos of the slow build progress and been flat out with work and family. I purchased the disc conversion kit from here a few weeks ago. lucky 2 it was the last set he had. also since sourced the hubs,calipers and rotors for the conversion from the wrecker up the road from me so im a broke but happy chappy at the moment haha :)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

the old girl is stil at the workshop decided to get the floorpans done and brake conversion sorted while she's there. just happens to be a bodyork shop next door to the fabrication shop so it might be a while before i bring her home to get going

cheers everything is going well here. cold and wet mostly tho haha hows things at your end of the world?

It's actually been a good season in the pacific north west so far, in my opinion of course, not so good in other places though.

That tunnel/gearbox cover look really good, nice job, the floor boards don't look that bad in the photo, but they are black, so it's hard to see holes and such in shadowed black, and with wiring in the way.

Keep chipping away at it, and eventually it will get done, unless you think of other things you want to do with that is, then they are never done.  :lol:

floor pans are pretty good apart from where the bolts go into the chasis so i figured id just get the whole lot changed just to be safe. im using an r30 skyline stumpy 5 speed gearbox and the mounts have been custom made for it. ill get better pics once i get it home.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

On my 66 520 I used a 620 spacer a B310 7" booster and a 79 280ZX master cylinder.  Mike Klotz made up an extension rod for the brake pedal to Booster linkage. I had to dimple the fender well just a little to clear the booster.  I also merged my 520 pedal bracket with a 620 pedal bracket

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

MikeKlotz310brakepushrodextension.jpg

DSC01215.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

i went with the vh44 booster cos i didnt have enough room for a stock booster. (rhd) steering column is in the way. although i didnt try 2 hard to get on in there haha. 240k master cylinder had to bore out the mount hole an extra 1mm or so. stock pedal box. started to hook up the 720 wire harness and have most of the engine bay wired up now. :)