What did you do to your 720 today?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I fixed my rpm gauge... well got it moving =P

141plde.jpg

now I just gotta get a replacement gauge.

I also tore the top of my weber apart and found a missing bolt wedged in the carb  :sneaky: all fine now though.

Then my rad decided to turn my garage into a swimming pool. So shes down until I get a new rad.

Sunday I attempted to put on my "new to me" Weber 32/36 carburetor I bought at the junkyard and rebuilt and discovered I am missing the damn carburetor studs! They got lost somewhere around my house. BAH! Looked all over for them, no luck. Guess I may have to buy some more. DAMMIT! My luck sucks. And both Redline and Weber carbs direct only sells the bolts and studs in a full kit with the adapters for $30 plus shipping. AND I AM BROKE UNTIL PAYDAY THIS FRIDAY! So I stuck a rag in the intake manifold for now... :crying:

Yesterday I replaced the spark plugs with NGK V-power plugs. I had just done plugs in 2013 and they were black with carbon buildup and smelled like gas. Damned old malfunctioning Hitachi was flooding bad!

Today after work I put in a lower temp 160 degree thermostat and a new temperature sending unit, haven't had a working temp gauge in over a year! Figured I may as well replace that and the coolant since I have no idea when or if the last owner did it. And it was gummed up too! Coolant was OK, I change it annually.

Hitachi V-power plugs work as well as the original NGKs.

You fuel economy should also increase with the clean plugs - but adjust that carburetor float!

160 thermostat will lower the fuel economy a bit. But should still run ok if your heated air cleaner is still working. 4x2 720s are jetted lean for 160-190° operation.

Painted my intake manifold, exhaust manifold and test fitted the Weber carb, Redline air cleaner adapter,  and 10" Edelbrock air cleaner. Still waiting on the right adapter plate and a few other parts...

07885B49-1A97-4D2F-AB6B-4383C419773E_zps

E9F9B8A9-4E9E-4EA5-831D-128F79AD1693_zps

D2A2BBCD-4C5F-42A2-9397-20009DFC8182_zps

AE8F34BC-4471-463F-B8B8-DF1508E06301_zps

I need to polish my valve cover to chrome like appearance, do some cleaning and painting, etc, but I like it! I really like the different look of the air cleaner vs the Weber.

And no JIZZO, it isn't perfect. That wasn't what I was going for! It's a rattle can job. Have you looked at the rest of the damn truck? It looks like shit! I just wanted to make it look a little better. The rattle can paintjob looks better than the oil, dirt, rust, and other 34 year old stains. I didn't even buy the paint for this purpose, it's wheel paint left over from painting the wheels on my Saturn. When I get the money it will be done right. Calm your tits.

Actually not too bad. I was gonna fabricate new brackets to fit the old seats guides on. But I took a while to think about it and thought to myself it would just be easier to drill 4 new holes in the body of my truck.....so I did.

I went to the hardware store and picked up some 5/16 nuts, bolts, washers and lock washers. The tc seats had better guides and controls, so it was definitely an upgrade. You know the raised up part of the floor where the module is for the carb? I put the front part of the seat on there drilled two holes going downward and was able to tighten it up without drilling to the outside of my truck. The rear I had no choice but to. You can see in the pic I was really close to the original bolt hole but the seat sat funny in the hole so I drilled a new one. Seats are perfectly straight and lined up before drilling of course.

Such a comfy ride now. Wouldn't mind a road trip in it now.

Front

IMG_20140629_152405_zpsea20185b.jpg

Rear under truck

IMG_20140629_152425_zps54436afa.jpg

• Like 1

Painted my intake manifold, exhaust manifold and test fitted the Weber carb, Redline air cleaner adapter,  and 10" Edelbrock air cleaner. Still waiting on the right adapter plate and a few other parts...

07885B49-1A97-4D2F-AB6B-4383C419773E_zps

E9F9B8A9-4E9E-4EA5-831D-128F79AD1693_zps

D2A2BBCD-4C5F-42A2-9397-20009DFC8182_zps

AE8F34BC-4471-463F-B8B8-DF1508E06301_zps

I need to polish my valve cover to chrome like appearance, do some cleaning and painting, etc, but I like it! I really like the different look of the air cleaner vs the Weber.

lol.  Dude,,,  I applaud the effort, but that looks like someones ass exploded silver paint after drinking a pot of coffee and eating some sausage.

• Like 1

lol.  Dude,,,  I applaud the effort, but that looks like someones ass exploded silver paint after drinking a pot of coffee and eating some sausage.

It must suck to go through life being butthurt all the time and being filled with hate and jealousy.

Don't think I give a damn what you of all people think of my truck or anything else I have, because I could care less. I didn't build it for you. Besides dumbass, it is charcoal gray metallic paint, not silver.

No, Izzo is a douchebag troll. Period.He needed to have his ass beaten more as a child to teach him respect of others. But whatever...

Here is what i did today. New grilles for the speakers I put in a while ago. I wasn't feeling the blingy chrome ones that came with my Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 speakers, so I sold those on Ebay and bought some that came off the Power series components.

Before:

B362084A-3878-4942-954A-36972EC7EA8A_zps

F9B3F9CF-6567-480F-836E-A7ECEC63E0AE_zps

After:

0B05AD88-E8B2-4953-B27E-69EF7B65FC0C_zps

F1D5B52B-0707-4BB4-9805-1D2EAC461C7B_zps

No, Izzo is a douchebag troll. Period.He needed to have his ass beaten more as a child to teach him respect of others. But whatever...

Here is what i did today. New grilles for the speakers I put in a while ago. I wasn't feeling the blingy chrome ones that came with my Rockford Fosgate Punch P165 speakers, so I sold those on Ebay and bought some that came off the Power series components.

Before:

B362084A-3878-4942-954A-36972EC7EA8A_zps

F9B3F9CF-6567-480F-836E-A7ECEC63E0AE_zps

After:

0B05AD88-E8B2-4953-B27E-69EF7B65FC0C_zps

F1D5B52B-0707-4BB4-9805-1D2EAC461C7B_zps

I am not a douche nor a troll. Like I said. I applaud the effort. But thay really looks like complete and utter shit. The last time I called you a name I almost got a vacation. Now look who's sitting here calling names.

That in no way was a troll. It looks bad and you should feel bad. Next time I won't add in the comment happy about your effort and Just criticize the next spot baby shit decides to explode on your truck.

What I was trying to get at in the first post was.... pull more stuff off. Tape it up a bit. The motive was there but the effort was not. Hence why I said what I did.

Idc if I come across as an asshole. I'm not here to kiss that guys ass. Maybe I should have just said the first paragraph instead. Ps. Gg. Since it looks good I can count on seeing the same job on your datto next? :rofl: