LI'l HOOKER 620

denmarkboy

If you do take it off and are able to keep it all together, it'd be cool to talk to Hooker about sending yours in so they can produce more.

Hooker headers has been owned by the Holly corp . for 17 years ( guessing ) and they aren't interested in making these type of parts again . I actually spoke with a executive at Holly corp . that had been with the company since it's early days as Hooker . He told me a sad story about how when the company was purchased that type of stuff was scaled way back . They do still make weld together header kits for Datsun Z cars . But the import truck kits were only made for a limited time . 

I would like to take the extra hooker firewall piece I have and have some sheet metal version made . I would much rather weld in a piece . Not sure what that would cost . And not that many people into cutting up their trucks . So would probably only be worth it on a personal scale . 

What I would love to see them build , is a set set of headers for a small block turbo set up in a 620 . That would motivate me to pull these headers , but nothing else . 

• Like 2
  • Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to take the extra hooker firewall piece I have and have some sheet metal version made . I would much rather weld in a piece . Not sure what that would cost . And not that many people into cutting up their trucks . So would probably only be worth it on a personal scale . 

Planning to try a wheel barrow bucket myself. We'll just have to see how that goes. :lol: 

• Like 2

Planning to try a wheel barrow bucket myself. We'll just have to see how that goes. :lol:

Ive actually seen that done a couple of times . they also make a pretty good metal zg style flair . 

Your more than welcome to take the extra firewall piece I have and make a mold or use it for measurements .

• Like 2

Just remember you've got people that will help you out.. definitely keep it cool, ask for help!

take it slow if no doctors ok

if doctors ok, still take it slow. 

excited to see where you take her

ok . . .  copy that . im listening . and trying . 

• Like 4

Ive actually seen that done a couple of times . they also make a pretty good metal zg style flair . 

Your more than welcome to take the extra firewall piece I have and make a mold or use it for measurements .

I need to get the red truck done first, I'll let you know when I get to this point. Thanks :D

• Like 2