1978 620 reg cab LWB partout

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,the antennae is there,but the top section (where then end ball would be) is pulled out. Id say it would work OK, I got the truck with a super high end rampage am/fm tape deck, and the radio did tune in good...I only see the one mud flap,but Ill go out and comb thru all the pine needles and leaves in the bed later this morning, its about 25 degrees right now,my hand freezes with this brace on. I think it was it was in there. You realize that these are printed with "Datsun" and will be super pricey, right?  If the second one is there,and the ant. comes out in 1 piece, IDK... $10 plus shipping? They should fit in a med priority box, Ill have my wife pick up some boxes at the PO today so I can find out.

As for the rear end,I don't know what the ratio is, but being that it was a manual tranny, Id guess they are not 4.11s...maybe someone on here knows what they would have used. My 71 510 was converted from auto, and that has 4 something (.10 or .11) gears

Couple other parts that might be useful:

Interior door handles,nice shape $5 plus shipping

Ign switch with key, door locks are broken however... $5 plus shipping

Ign switch/ column cover shroud,seems very good-black $10 plus shipping

I also have some emblems, Ill go through them, and see what fits the trucks

Rear wheels,aftermarket spokes, probably cost more to ship than theyre worth,but someone might need them

All glass is nice,will clean up perfect

Ill list more later today.

MORE PARTS!!

2 (so far, I have another storage area to check ) consoles. Both in good shape. 1 tan 1 black $35 each plus shipping.

Vacuum assist for brakes. $20 plus shipping

New rear drums (need to be lightly turned to remove rust) shoes, wheel cylinders..hardware is there I think. All my rear brake parts $50 plus shipping

New calipers, rotors, all front brake related parts, same deal, rusty but new. $50 plus shipping

Front grille no cracks with mounting clips, nice piece $75 plus shipping

Headlight buckets, no damage, minor surface rust $20 + shipping

Tailgate and latches, bondo at one corner for minor dents Id say. Otherwise good shape. some rust on latches $30 plus shipping

front valance,looks good. $25+

front bumper. good shape $40+

uncracked washer bottle,not all white+ faded $20+

Coolant resi- same shape $20+

Anything else you see other than the drivetrain is for sale

Only one mudflap so far. Im going to look around where it was parked, it may have come off during the move. Im 99% sure it had both when I was driving it. Waiting on the magic of liquid wrench, hopefully the ant. will come off today, without trouble. You are looking for the pillar mounted one, correct?

OK,some good news. I found the other mudflap. Both are in similar condition, little fading, the brackets are surface rusty, but nowhere near thru, a quick beadblast will wake them up. Im heading out now to tackle the ant..... looks like one screw needs to be drilled out.

Better news. Antennae is out and 100% intact. Drilling the screw only needed 4 different size bits, so as not to hurt the housing, but it worked perfect. Also, I thought the end was broke off the mast, but it is there, just different looking than my other Datsun ends. Kind of a little cylinder instead of a bb. I even was able to save the gaskets. Mudflap will be off today, and it will be ready to go. Ill have the boxes ready tomorrow, she didn't get any Friday. If you can think of any other trinkets that would be able to be packed in there, let me know asap. So like I said, Ill do $10 plus shipping for the flaps and ant.

Also, anyone know if there are any tricks to getting the gauge bezel out without breaking it? Mine looks nice, and Ive seen them go for pretty good money,Id hate to break it..

Plus added more parts to the list above!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.