1978 620 reg cab LWB partout

Ive been away for a while. Right now,my arm is in a cast,due to a completely torn bicep tendon surgery. Im getting released tomorrow,and should be able to start stripping the truck in the next couple weeks,as I get some strength back. I would love to save it,but its badly rusted. So I'm robbing the drivetrain for one of my 510s....no good body parts to speak of,but the suspension seems good,has NEW brakes not installed,from wheel cylinders to the calipers..drums-all of it. trouble is,most of it got wet and is rusted.Should all be salvageable. Grille looks to be mint,headlight brackets,front blinkers,and rear tail lights are there,most interior parts are there,but has dodge aries seats(I didn't do it-honest)...Im keeping the master cylinders and steering wheel also. Give me your wants,and Ill do what I can to help. I hate to do this,but it was rusty in 08 when I was driving it. Now its BAD. I hope it can help keep someone else's truck up and running,or looking better. At last look,the frame was still very good,if someone isn't far from Maine,they could buy it all very reasonable. Also has a rear step and tow,but shipping could get expen$ive on big heavy stuff. Im not junking this until Im CERTAIN that there is nothing left that is usable. Ill start taking pics when Im free from my solid right arm.Im not looking for top dollar,if you need something I have,make a reasonable offer, I can take paypal,but would really prefer money orders,or trades for parts I can use (anything for 510,or RL411)

Truck is located in Litchfield ME 04350

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah,Ill get over there tomorrow, its parked at my parents house.....Im thinking the door panels were cut for speakers,but not 100%...As long as I get my arm back,I should be able to rip and tear within a week. You guys have first dibs on the parts you mentioned....

wait, ME, as in MAINE!?!? I am in NH, its odd seeing someone on here not in CA or WA or OR.... I have a 620 and would be interested in Tach (as is everyone) possibly a centr console, bumperettes (not sure if you have those either but figure its a shot) I know there are more but I cant remember... still need my morning coffee

OK,lots of interest. I'm going to get fitted for my bicep/elbow brace in a bit,then,its off to my parents place to check the truck out....and get some oics. Interior was blue/black,from what I remember. Im not sure if it had a tach. I probably should have waited til I looked at it again, but wanted a rough idea of what I'm looking at for wants. Trans is going with the motor. other known good parts: glass , rear end was good ,has a console with light switches added, for the fogs/driving lights... Ill update this afternoon, I hired a local kid who's a car nut to help in this dismantling/euthanizing, whatever it should be called. I loved this truck. But, my Wife's 73 2 door "soon to be a #85 BRE clone" is getting a heat transplant from it, so....

OK.so the brace on my arm is bigger and harder to work with than the cast,my arm was straighter and more useable before....anyway,mostly bad news. I have a perfect tach delete cluster...antennae is there,but the last section is pulled out. Interior is blue,speaker hole cut by someone who shouldnt cut door panels,on the drivers side, could be patched,and recovered though. . PS is whole and should armor-all up decent. Grille and headlight area looks to be in 100% cond. Black console is there,switches installed decent.No shift boot. Front bumper actually looks nice,slight rust down the seams,naval jelly would kill it easy.  I have to go back tomorrow,will take the older camera,mine takes really good,but really huge pics,old one they are ready to upload. Also,the wiring was pretty good,not all hacked up,I might be able to pull the harness intact.

I also have found a 78 or 79 a few miles from my house,down in the woods,looks to be real rough from the road, but was told the owner will sell it for junk.And has some other Datsuns out back.... If I can get a ride over,Ill poke around them tomorrow,with everybody's parts wants in mind. Id like to have another L20b to build later,the rest would be the same deal. Im going crazy with good weather being here,and no right arm to work with. More updates in about 24 hours.

Side note. Don't screw around lifting things you aren't 100% sure you can handle. If I hadnt done this at work, I would be out of work with no pay for at least 10-14 weeks. So pretty much fired. As is-workers comp doesn't cover the 1st 14 days, and I only had 50 hours of vacation time.Not to mention it will be 6-9 months til I have full strength back which isn't covered whatsoever, other than doing light duty work for regular pay when I return... Not trying to sound like a wacko,but something to keep in mind.

• Like 1

Hey, I know you said no good body parts to speak of, but I have to ask (cause I have asked all the ratsuners that are parting 620s...) do you happen to have a good driverside bed panel? I need the one in the picture below:

SAM_0047.jpg

Sorry to hear about you bicep. Hope it heals quickly so you can get back on your feet.

Edit: I only need the lower panel in that picture. From factory they are spot welded on I believe (though some years may not be this way? Not sure honestly).

From my wonderful memory bank, your bed looks different. Im thinking mine is more squared off near the back. My bet is that the bed is as bad back there as over the wheels,but Ill check in a couple hours. If its good I don't see a problem zapping it off with a grinder. Should be around noon here when I get back over there. If my 411 was on the road,i could drive. I cant reach the shifter in the Subarus....

Ok,weather is better today, and my arm is feeling a little more used to the angle its bent at. Im going to try and hook on to the truck with the tractor and drag it down here. I had 3 deer ticks on me yesterday, just poking around it. Needs to be out of the bushes. Dash is there but cracked pretty badly. Grille looks to be mint, thats the first thing I'm pulling. Front fenders...well...if you want to call those flapping in the breeze pieces of rust with paint holding them together "fenders", Id love to sell them to you... Then I need to relearn oics...   photobucket doesn't seem to work anymore for me, so I'm not sure how Ill get them on here. Ill figure it out.

This looks like the list of good parts (known right now)

Grille

Headlight assemblies

Front blinkers

Console

Gauge cluster-no tach

Complete brake overhaul kit,new in boxes,but rusty from rain getting to them

New in boxes U joints, Ill have to check the numbers to make sure they're not 510

Misc trim parts,hood..etc..

Suspension pieces

plus more, once we get ripping, well, my buddy does, Ill be doing some "heavy-duty looking on" for the most part....

Expensive to ship, but maybe worth it parts....

Complete rear end

Step and tow rear bumper.

Truck is at my house!!! We must have looked some smart pulling it backwards down the road with 3 flats...... oics in the next few minutes I hope, I have a couple things to try to upload them..... Also, it doesn't look that bad in the pics,but the cab is GONE. rust falls from everywhere when I shut the door.....  the frame does look very good from what I can see though...

I can get close up oics of most anything I can reach, just ask. Ill get some of all the brake goodies a bit later, I get to leave the house finally!!! My dad is running to tractor supply, not my first choice, but whats that they say about beggars???

Hey, I know you said no good body parts to speak of, but I have to ask (cause I have asked all the ratsuners that are parting 620s...) do you happen to have a good driverside bed panel? I need the one in the picture below:

SAM_0047.jpg

Sorry to hear about you bicep. Hope it heals quickly so you can get back on your feet.

Edit: I only need the lower panel in that picture. From factory they are spot welded on I believe (though some years may not be this way? Not sure honestly).

Mine is in a LOT better shape than yours....has a couple holes,but 95% of it is really solid. Ill get better pics,problem is mine is a long bed....

OK,I just found something awesome. The upper halves of the rear body are just about like new. I see no bondo, plus they are very straight. Wheel arches have ZERO rust,or filler...minor surfacey type rust up under the side hooks,  should be a quick job to blast out and fix. DS has 3 bubbles of rust under the paint,but they seem minor, a quarter covers each. Wheel wells are almost mint,some scratches,but no rust or real dents. Very difficult to ship but Id say well worth it for someone., Looks like they unbolt at the headboard, but Ill know better when the helper arrives, and he can turn a socket wrench.      DS lower quarter appears usable,with some love, but way better than the one pictured above... Headlight buckets are 100%-minor surface rust, no dents, no bends, came off easy, and are ready to go. 15 secs in a bead blaster, and a can of eastwood zinc, theyd be new. Grille is excellent, no cracks, very minor fading, all off, ready to go, I even managed to save ALL of the white square plastic clips from the grille and headlight buckets . Front bumper I would call very good condition. Front valance is very nice as well. I imagine most of you Datsun coast guys will be getting home from work soon,we have about 3 hours of light left,Ill get what I can done today....I feel kind of like a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest trying to take this thing apart by myself,but its going slow and smooth I guess.

okay so how is the atena ? and if you have both mud flaps ill take them. reason i ask if you have both is cuz i only see one of them haha or if you got one ill still take it lol.. hopefully atena is good so I can get all 3 items

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.