Nice 620 For Sale King Cab

Figured I'd list this here too....don't know how many people actually look through all the craigslist post.....

Selling my truck. 1973, clean title, 2.0L four cylinder L20B, with a 4 speed automatic OVERDRIVE transmission.....yes OVERDRIVE! Runs and drives great. The list is long of new parts, here I go and i'm sure i'll forget some stuff. New paint, tires(245/40/18), ALL window seals, weatherstripping, windshield, carpet, tint, radio, speakers, radiator, water pump, weber carburetor, taylor spark plug wires, front brake hoses, front brake pads, rear brake shoes, wipers, storage box in bed, speedo cable, expansion valve(a/c), u-joints.....again I know i'm forgetting stuff. Cab floors are solid. I lined the cab floor, doors, cab rear and sides with a reflective thermal barrier to aid with keeping heat and some sound out. I've added an extra accessory port inside the storage compartment of center console. I've also added extra courtesy lights under each corner of dash, now you can see inside when it's dark out. A/c is not hooked up, still needs a new compressor, condensor and some new hoses, the rest of the stuff inside is there and working. I also have an extra 3rd member with 4.37 gears that goes with truck, truck has 3.70 gears in it now. I've spent way more than I wanted to on this truck....that's my problem though. I selling it at a loss....again my problem. That being said asking price is $4900. I'd be willing to sell without the Titan wheels and/or storage box in bed for less $$$$. Make an offer. You can PM me with your email and I can send more pics to your email...much easier that way.

IMG_20130409_120103_706_zpsce4dafc7.jpg

IMG_20130409_120151_343_zps2d25f853.jpg

IMG_20130409_120234_471_zps450c5a41.jpg

IMG_20130331_114500_720_zpsb1c4aaaa.jpg

IMG_20130331_114251_884_zps93a16c0e.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cant be a 73 kingcab wasn't offered till like 76 I believe. Right? In your ad you mentioned new brake pads. 78 was the first year with front disc. anyhow nice truck glws

yea can't be a 73

Actually, first king cab was in '77. Disc brakes came in '78. It is now a '73. No smog anymore. Now you are free to do whatever you want without any restrictions on smog.

Actually, first king cab was in '77. Disc brakes came in '78. It is now a '73. No smog anymore. Now you are free to do whatever you want without any restrictions on smog.

Actually 76 was the first year... the internet sources aren't correct. I was proven wrong on the same thing last month haha

And a vin swap is risky business... glws

• Like 1

You're more than welcome to buy it, i'll even give you the old stuff I swapped off, you can put them back on and start smogging it again. But what fun would that be. ;)

• Like 1

You're more than welcome to buy it, i'll even give you the old stuff I swapped off, you can put them back on and start smogging it again. But what fun would that be. ;)

Are you stupid?  Oh its now a 73, NO its fucking not dude, you just made this truck un-sellable, and a headache for whoever does end up buying it not realizing what their getting into.  You just cant go around swapping vins on vehicles, it is illegal and fraudulent. Someone needs to call the state and report your ass, you are frauding the state by avoiding smog, you have committed a crime by switching the vins (also you dont know if the truck was ever stolen) because you switched the damn vin. Seriously, no wings, no what fun would that be, it is ILLEGAL! this truck can now be legally crushed by the state, so pretty much what your trying to do now is push this off on someone else, make a quick buck, and gie the new owner a big fuck you present when they get caught.  All that has to be done is for a police officer who knows his datsuns to pull you over and know somethings off, check very closely, arrest you, tow the truck, and be out 4900 bucks.  

This guy needs his thread locked, banned from ratsun, and people need to make some threads on his local craigslist to help educate people to not be stupid enough to buy this.  Ridiculous. 

And yes my thread is going against classified rules, but hes trying to sell something that is NOT what he says it is.

Hey guys i just sapped vins on my 2012 nissan titan with my 73 datsun 620, no more deq right? hehe.  If it was legal everyone would do it.  

• Like 1

That might be the case if either was stolen....which is not the case. When was the last time you had someone check your frame numbers? Never. Have you checked your frame numbers? Probably not. How many people do you know that buy frames out of wrecking yards or private parties to swap out damaged ones........what about all the people who take their old trucks and put them on 720 frames to take advantage of updated parts......see where i'm going.....happens all the time. In those instances everyone thinks it's cool, great idea, good job. Dmv doesn't know one truck from another. :)

Actually dip shit the vin numbers tell you allot more than you think. There are designators in the vin that tell them if it's a king cab or a single cab or even a long bed. Then the dmv walks out and verifies the vin on the truck. They already don't like that there's no dash vin, basically just asking to get caught doing it on a kc

• Like 1

:(, see if you would of done this the legal way, taken and gone to the dmv with both truck titles that are clean, paid the money, gotten a new vin number from the state of california registering it as a 73, then all woudl be good, but i can tell from what your saying that you did not do that. Stop trying to justify that you are frauding the state, you are fucking over the future buyer of this truck by selling them a rolling lie.  How do i not know that it wasnt stolen? Because the vin is now missing and replaced by the 73's vin.  See one call to califonia department of motor vehicles with all your info would get a investigation rolling pretty damn good, and i bet you would face a good fine or jail time even for frauding the state by not smogging your vehicle. 

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/vr/checklists/bodychange.htm

see theres a legal way to do it in cali, but i bet they woudl not of considered it a 73 since all you took was a 78 and put on a 73's vin number.  Your a disgrace to the datsun community. I dont care if others do it, but to admit it and try to pass it onto someone else. Shame on you man.  Thing is theres a legal way, and then its the wrong way.

And lol someone beat me to it.  

http://fresno.craigslist.org/cto/3744218220.html

Oh officer my vin doesnt match the vehicle, well here officer (dig in glovebox for cut off vin numbers from frame) here officer, heres the correct vin for this 78 that i illegaly changed the vin on to bypass smog.....is that a problemo?

Also, not trying to hide anything. If I was i'd be denying everything. I've been up front. I traveled all around this website, and there are people all over it talking about doing this stuff. Have a good night everyone. :)

10.7.51 of the CA. motor vehicle code:

It is illegal to remove or alter the vin # of a motor vehicle.....Should an altered vin # be 
encountered (which includes method of attachment) at best the tag is seized, and a state tag will 
be placed on the vehicle in place of the original (that'll really help if you ever go to sell the car). 
Should the vehicle not have a secondary #, to authenticate its identity, the vehicle will be crushed.

Do you really want the truck crushed to just avoid smog? Most of these people talking about it, are talking about it, not havign actually done, and i bet those that have have done it the right and legal way, not to fraud the state and avoid smog...

Also, not trying to hide anything. If I was i'd be denying everything. I've been up front. I traveled all around this website, and there are people all over it talking about doing this stuff. Have a good night everyone. :)

Dude i am with you,at least you were up front and honest about no one said anything about that,its your truck and you do what you want.If i could by pass the smog gods i would to.If you want to save the trees burn more gas.lol

And another thing i was just suspended for what the fuck i did i dont really know but is there not rules for posting in the for sale section if your not going to buy it or something along those lines.