found a 520 panel truck van today

510sss68

Buy it I bet you will not find another.

There probably isn't another left, I am amazed, that is a 65/66/67 single headlight 520 wagon/van, and it actually looks decent in the photos, not perfect, but decent.

I played with the photo to try for a little more normal looking.

520%2520van.jpg

I wish the hood had been closed.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would be a better score if it were a 521, as there is more room in the engine bay, but still a great find.

So you search that site also, I have friends over there that watch it for me and tell me if something good comes up, there was a U320 for sale about a month ago, but it was missing some parts, and the owner was not being up front about it, but before my friend could get there to look at it, the guy said it sold.

It would be $4/5K to get the 520 over here(LA) including the cost of buying it, kinda spendy.

• 2 weeks later...

1098133_10151762802129764_1383913220_n.j

Just cruising the site and I actually bought that wagon above. here it is when i got it home last weekend. I live in Perth in Western Australia. I believe my 520 truck is the only registered on in West Oz, I have not come across any others. I have been trying to find a windscreen for the past 2 years so I am always searching gumtree. I saw the van come up and had to have it. 

• Like 4

1098133_10151762802129764_1383913220_n.j

Just cruising the site and I actually bought that wagon above. here it is when i got it home last weekend. I live in Perth in Western Australia. I believe my 520 truck is the only registered on in West Oz, I have not come across any others. I have been trying to find a windscreen for the past 2 years so I am always searching gumtree. I saw the van come up and had to have it. 

Welcome  B)

You bought the V520, I would like to see more photos of it, as it has a V8 in it, i would really like to see the engine compartment and interior, did they have to cut a lot to install the V8, was it ever finished and driven?

The windscreen/windshield for the 66 520 is the same as a 521, fact is they are all the same, 1966 though 1972.

Is that the color a 1966 datsun 520 is supposed to be, or has the paint been stripped off it, and that's just surface rust?

What are your plans for the V520?

BTW, great first post!  :thumbup:

Definately no V8. Just a bunky J13. Body has not been touched. Not been able to find a single 521 either, well found a couple rotting away completely where nothing was savable.

The 530 is a rusty exterior design paint. Came up way better than expected and continues to change and look better. Was covered in house paint when I got it. Just a quick slap together truck whilst I build my Rod. Big plans for the van though

I have no idea why I thought that the V520 had a V8 in it, I seem to be seeing things a lot lately that are not there.

Very few of the V520s made it over here in the US, but a few did, very hard to find, and I have never seen a V521 in the US so far photos or otherwise.

I had a feeling that your 66 520 was a bare exterior, it just had that look, surface rust, I have always wondered how long something like that would last, maybe you will find out.

What are the big plans for the V520?

I wonder what it would cost ...

My Dad has a friend who buys California cars and ships them to France for about $700 per, not counting French customs, just the shipping.

He takes them to the port of Oakland, put three car per shipping container.  He does this several times a year, there's a demand for our cars.

Every once in a while a Datto van pops up, mostly in the south west.

It costs somewhere around 3/4 thousand for one car from Australia to LA/Portland, OR, containers would likely be cheaper per car if you fill it up full of cars/parts, but I am only interested in one type of vehicle.

They like you to think there are more fees than just the shipping though, seems like everyone is sticking there hands out, last time I imported an engine from Australia, I was feeling hands in my pockets on every turn, I just decided to ignore them all after talking to one of them on the phone, and somehow my engine made it to Portland without paying anyone except the customs office and a fork lift fee where I picked it up, I was getting bills in the mail for truck cleaning fees, handling fees, shipping fees, ect, ect, I just ignored them all as I paid up front for shipping from Australia to Portland OR, I have not heard from any of them since.

I have had to pay the forklift fee every time I have bought(ebay)/shipped an engine to myself though.

I actually told the guy on the phone that they could keep the f*****g engine, and it still made it to Portland.  :lol:

There are no datto vans popping up around here in the pacific NW, and we are Datsun central.

Finney Please do not use your 520 for parts.  Have some patience and wait to see what pops up.  There was a 66 520 ute on Oz ebay about 6 weeks ago.  If I remember right it sold for 500 OZ Dollars.

Do you have any Idea what the sun screen is on your pickup?

i had been searching for a parts car for the truck for two years in West Oz. Only found 2 i that time and nothing was salvageable. Perth is a long way from the east coast of oz and I'm not going to pay over a grand to get a truck over for a few bits. 

I think i am commited to using off my truck

Doors

guards 

Sills

Engine + Rad

Dash + other interior bits

Rad support, Headlights and Grill

Visor + mirrors

Bumper 

Master cylinders

other random sheet metal

will start a build page soon

• 2 weeks later...

hi finney

i see you have my old datsun wagon. Did you buy it off gumtree from a guy in padbury.if you want to talk about it drop me a line. i also have a 521 wagon/van that i intent to rebuild

Yes, I am guessing you are up Moore river way? Not much left of my van right this second, been a week or two since i have been in the shed though.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Gday, I own the green panelvan in this thread and as it is sitting around doing nothing i would be prepared to sell it so it goes to good use. Definitely dont need to sell it but its no good rusting away either if its of value to someone else. Its really only sentimental value to me. Any interest?