how do you guys vent?

wow nobody said smoke a bowl, or was too scared to. there was a time in the not so distant past that mary jane would take all my problems away. she was always there for me, EXCEPT WHEN I WAS OUT HIGH AND DRY. damn i miss smoking weed!

under no circumstances should you go out and smoke weed cause i said it took care of my problems even though it did. except the problem of not having it. all my artistic ability and doors of perception have been closed.:mad:

now i just leave the situation and go for a drive. fight or flight. better to fly away in your datsun until it blows over. the heat of the moment anyway.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow nobody said smoke a bowl, or was too scared to.

. damn i miss smoking weed!

I assumed it was understood... yeah I miss things in the past too.

Come home stressed? Strap on your guitar and play Guitar Hero. Get the hell up on stage and play ZZ Top's La Grange, or some Scorpions, Slowride, Mississippi Queen. Pick your poison. Lean on that axe till your fingers are sore. The crowd loves you and you-are-a-legend.

wow nobody said smoke a bowl, or was too scared to. there was a time in the not so distant past that mary jane would take all my problems away. she was always there for me, EXCEPT WHEN I WAS OUT HIGH AND DRY. damn i miss smoking weed!

Make me cry a river why don't you...

Drinking doesn't work like smoking for me, that's for sure. Sometimes drinking makes me angrier, lol! Seriously though, exercise works the best. Walking is the number one recommendation, but bike riding can be easier on your joints, etc. Breaking shit works, that's true, but after you've stopped being angry, all your shit is broken:mad::(:confused: And that sucks!

As far as the whole "fight or flight" thing goes, using a machine is not usually a good idea. Several years ago I got so mad I drove, (driving angry is usually unsafe) and when I finally cooled down I was in flippin' TEXAS (damn women!!!)

Good points one and all... now my 2 cents

I'm 44 and I've been thru just about every 'stress reliever' out there, alcohol, weed, pills, psychadelics, etc., and the best one of all?

Regular exercise.

I have had a major temper problem most of my life, I get so mad I literally see red and I fume for days over small shit. I've broken my hand twice from just punching stuff (it's really unfortunate when you find the stud behind the sheetrock !). I've pulled some really stupid stunts because I was angry.

I've finally given into the fact that when I am drinking and drugging and NOT exercising, I stay in that 'anger loop', going from one thing to another that bothers me. Almost like I'm looking for it.

Staying away from the shit and getting some time in on my elliptical trainer at least 3 times a week and working on my projects so NOTHING gets to me. Not the wife, not the assholes at work, the idiots on the road, nor the random jerk / customer service / fill in the blank person who pisses you off.

As others have said, putting energy into projects or something otherwise productive for YOUR life is the best solution. Acting out anger in other ways only leads to more frustration.

Hope this helps.

ive found as of late working on other peoples cars tend to calm me down, my sister blew her transmission 3 years ago and the car was parked, I was so pissed the other day I made her give me money and I went to the bone yard, found the damn tranny, (did you know early 90's 6 cylinder mopar trannys are like gold, and are hard to find?) Just got finished installing it, and I cant even remember why I was so pissed to begin with:lol:

I bike almost 5 miles to work and then back each day in everything but snow. It's a low stress job working outdoors with lots of physical labor. Twenty minutes twice a day to get inside your head and do some filing and sorting of problems or just daydreaming about your Datsun project. A lot of small problems never get a chance to get any bigger. I burn them away.

(did you know early 90's 6 cylinder mopar trannys are like gold, and are hard to find?)

not up here. 90% of the 90s mopars in the yards are autos. unless you mean a manual which i doubt. not the problem isn't finding them its finding a GOOD one.

In my profession I get to stabb people all day....nuff said. :eek:

I don't stay mad too long, and that's a good thing...just ask my patients. :lol:

I take a deep breath and listen to some good relaxing music like Megadeth or Slaughter. JK :lol:

friday after work nothin was goin right for me i just kept havin more and more problems and kept getting more pissed. then i turned on the tv to relax and the first thing that came on was the news talking about the anniversary of my old friend and her mom getting shot to death in thier own house. that was it so i grabbed my keys to the 1200 and headed to the river. theres nothin like drivin the park trail next to a river at sunset in a datsun with the windows down.:cool:

Sex or masterbation...

I.B.M. intercourse 'beats' masterbation

^ :lol:

is that your proctologist expression?

A good prostate massage from my proctologist wins every time. At my age I'd show up every week for an prostate exam, but she explained that one every 6 months would be lots. :mad::mad::mad: