how do you guys vent?

im in a bad mood at the moment and it got me thinking of productive ways to vent anger and frustration i have found im my years that punching old body pannels (old 56 chevy fenders) doenst work very well you just end up with bloody knuckles and dented pannels what do you guys do

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, when I get sad or angry, I just go outside and build something, or do something productive on one of my projects. Usually when I get to this point I stay that way for weeks at a time, and I tend to get a lot accomplished. Good for the project cars, bad for relationships. :)

I try not to vent. I'm a pretty happy camper most of the time. I learned a long time ago that gettin pissed off just gives you gray hair. But if I feel like killing someone or something, I just walk it off. Take a nice long walk and think about what pissed you off in the frist place, And try to come up with a way to avoid that situation again.:D

I try not to vent. I'm a pretty happy camper most of the time. I learned a long time ago that gettin pissed off just gives you gray hair. But if I feel like killing someone or something, I just walk it off. Take a nice long walk and think about what pissed you off in the frist place, And try to come up with a way to avoid that situation again.:D

thanks for the insight guys and datrod i would walk it off except with my fucked up leg i cant walk very far :P im trying to get away from the situation by hanging out with a friend of mine tonight

I just got done taking a machete to my Palo Verde trees.Venting actually got some yardwork done.

Datrod-one day,not venting is going to kill you.:(

Yea, I've been told I'm to mellow. And I hold shit inside, But back in my younger days I would kick your ass just for lookin at me. I'm not a badass. I was just a dumb ass. :( And I got my ass handed to me more than once. I just don't like getten upset for shit that won't matter in a day or too. I do vent. When Im really pissed. I'll just call one of my buds and cry the blues to them. That's what friends are for.

For a bad mood that I can't do anything about, (like the weather) I used to drink it away with a buddy. Sort of like taking a breather. Come back the next day and the suns out. For a bad mood caused by something that I can do something about, like having to pay the rent I would drink it away with a buddy. Come back the next day and every things fine... no wait! Now I'm $50 short on the rent. Shit! Well, might as well make it $100 short on the rent.:D

I'm better now. I have my Datsun to work on and my datto buddies to talk to and the sun shines every day now.

For a bad mood that I can't do anything about, (like the weather) I used to drink it away with a buddy. Sort of like taking a breather. Come back the next day and the suns out. For a bad mood caused by something that I can do something about, like having to pay the rent I would drink it away with a buddy. Come back the next day and every things fine... no wait! Now I'm $50 short on the rent. Shit! Well, might as well make it $100 short on the rent.:D

I'm better now. I have my Datsun to work on and my datto buddies to talk to and the sun shines every day now.

:lol::lol::lol: if i had buddies to go drinking with i would be game :P

when i was in the navy i would punch 4inch thick steel doors (hurt like hell afterwards too) now I just sit there and throw back a few brews with the old man, then watch my cousin put his fist through truck windows

Good Thread:)!

I like to lift weights 3 times a week:cool: When I was young about 13 or so I Started doing this to release frustration and such....Now as I'm much Older I still do The weights religously but for different reasons:)! I can change the pace,mode and even music to fit my general mood at that moment! Works great for me and I am always relaxed and settled afterwords:)! Im a easy going person generaly, But there are times where life does take its toll on me(and i've been known to lose my temper real quick:mad:)And this has always worked well.

I generally get i my truck and drive, Have driven for hours before i came back to the original frustration area, Generally doesnt solve much of the problem, but i come back to it relaxed and it kept me from saying or doing stuff i might regret. Works for me.

A good long drive to the beach is great.

Jason

I generally get i my truck and drive, Have driven for hours before i came back to the original frustration area, Generally doesnt solve much of the problem, but i come back to it relaxed and it kept me from saying or doing stuff i might regret. Works for me.

A good long drive to the beach is great.

Jason

i try to do this as well. situations get resolved instead of escalating. works really well. everyone calms down and then you can talk.

well usually my old lady is the source of my frustration... I won't hit her, I won't yell, I won't do anything that might land me in jail... she doesn't want me to leave, just to piss me off sometimes cause something or several things have gotten to her and she wants to vent herself... WELL, I don't take that crap, if shes gonna do it I'm gonna leave and sometimes I don't know how long, once I remind her of that it cools her jets pretty quick.

One thing you DON'T want to do is to go think about how you've been wronged, you should think about what you could have done or said differently to have avoided the situation altogether, remeber it takes 2 people to have an arguement or fight.

I have a bad temper... this is why I know these things... my bad temper got me into anger management. I didn't hurt anybody, but once the cops are called someone is goin to jail in this state... and apparently its against the law the break your own property in your own house also. Although I know how to avoid the temper now, I still have it... kinda like an addict is always and addict.

I know this stuff sounds like a load of bull but it works great. I'm 2 years sober and 2 years no more outbursts. We don't argue like we used to, we get along a million times better, and the whole family is happier because of it. Nothing has changed on her end... she still pushes my buttons the way she used to, the change is in the way I "LET" myself react. All you gotta do is take a couple of seconds to THINK about what your gonna do, whether your gonna let your pride get the best of you or not, and your whole out look will change.

I am a totally different person than I used to be, believe me, and I am greatful for it. I get to decide at every point in my life how I will react to anything at any time.

Good luck bro, keep your head up, and remember no matter what anyone says or does to you... only YOU are responsible for what you do or say to them.

i usually just hop in a datsun and go for a cruise on some country roads. i like to go searching for old dattos in peoples fields. ive landed a couple cars and some hard to find parts that way. it always cheers me up findin a little gem sittin on someones lot like a 320 i saw a couple weeks ago.

break bottles behind the wah-wah.

:lol:Haggard that movie is awesome

I as unhealthy as it is tend to hold shit in.. that is why i have so much gray hair at 26.. I am starting to get better about letting stuff go, but my minor OCD tends to win most of the time. I can't hit things or fight like i used to my hands are a complte mess because of it.. now I try to either walk things off or just go to a quiet place a relax..

Wow! You guys are all nuts!:blink: I get in one of my Datsuns and hit the road and reach down to tthe left just under the dash and pull this little knob and "bing" venting:D Seriusly tho, if you are to the boiling point then you need to step back from the situation and get you head str8 (walking, working, driving, fucking.....etc.) then once your calm (calmer than you are dude) then you can work it out. "This aggresion will not stand":fu:

a fast drive on a l-o-n-g & twisty cyn makes me forget why the beYautch pissed me off :fu:

usually preceded by a series of well choosen cuss words :blink:

misdirected anger sometimes help for awhile, if not careful, youll end up in the gray-bar motel

a few cold beers (more if i spent the rent money on the beer :lol: ) cools down the overheated boiler...when i cant drive it away

Wow. I guess I could for go the hour I spend per two weeks in therapy for my time in Iraq and pick two of these threads and call you all in the morning.

I have the wrecking yard. I had a very near and dear friend who used to take an ice pick and 'pop' windshields. At first I was was like: "Hey, someone could use that". But after I saw such a high turnover, and the fact that he would hit the Ford Taurus, Chevrolet Caprice Classics, Dodge Neons, etc (common cars), he would feel much better.

I go for the thrill of the hunt. I have a toolbox that has 'room to spare', and I always get my amusement park admission, and then some. Theres always something someone needs.

And I also keep an icepick at the top of the toolbox, and pop a Neon windshield every now and again, in memory of my buddy...