Arias flat-top 90mm pistons, rings, pins - BANZAI deal for someone

OK, here's the deal - READ CAREFULLY - I'm not really sure WHAT I have here, so someone will be getting a ripping deal.

I have ELEVEN Arias pistons.  Included in this batch of goodies are the wrist pins, retainers, and rings.

Six or seven of the pistons are flat-top, and the other four or five of them are minimally notched for valve clearance.  

A couple of them in the batch appear to have been installed and run, but I don't see any wear, damage, or anything that makes me think they're not AS NEW.

One piston has some weird "dings" in the top, and some combustion marks, but they appear to be superficial.

As a clue, the batch of parts these came in were from a race shop that builds balls-out L16 and L18 race engines.  I'm guessing they're for that purpose, because one of the engines I bought has the SAME pistons installed in it.

I'm not going to get into a whole lot of detail, because IDKWTF I'm looking at here, nor do I care - I'm pricing these accordingly.

Please inspect the pics closely, and I hope these will make someone's day. :)

The last time I bought pistons, they were $90 each.  That'd make this a $990 value.  However, this is Ratsun, and ain't nobody got time for that.   :)

$200 + shipping, first come, first served.

IMG_20130409_174535_717_zps82e55b98.jpg

IMG_20130409_174526_626_zps1e2fbc70.jpg

750_zpsf30ba0f7.jpg

IMG_20130409_174518_383_zps1176f5a7.jpg

IMG_20130409_174438_714_zpsf215ab81.jpg

The other 3 pistons are not in this pic - they will be shipped in a separate, smaller box, packaged carefully for protection.

IMG_20130409_174418_046_zps769ee92c.jpg

I DO NOT know if this info on the box is accurate, but since the pistons appear to have come in this packaging, it seems likely:

IMG_20130409_174328_854_zps093ad7cc.jpg

EDIT:  Since Mike asked, the distance from the top of the piston to the center of the pin is 34mm.

PayPal is greg@ brmexhaust.com

Thanks!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah those would never fit an L16 they are only 83mm. Does say Z24 and a 1mm over bore would fit them. C clips would indicate fully floating pins.

Can you measure the distance from the piston top down to the center of the pin hole? You should be able to get within a mm. If 34mm these would work in a KA motor as well.

I might add that these pistons appear to be forged.

750_zpsf30ba0f7.jpg

Still need 2mm off the cylinders and only an L16 rod would be close for the right length.

It was pointed out that these do not have valve relief cuts and probably won't clear a Z24 intake. Would work on a KA.

If the dimension Mike was refering to is indeed 34mm, I will take them. I was thinking Z24/ka too since they are the only ones with a bore that is close. Even a Z22 would be .120 over.  

EricJB, if you buy them are you willing to sell the remainder you don't use?

I have a 90mm KA block ready to go and want to do a 12:1+ E85 build. I would love to get these true flat tops and avoid having to deck my block and head to get there with SOHC pistons.

PM me if interested.

EricJB, if you buy them are you willing to sell the remainder you don't use?

I have a 90mm KA block ready to go and want to do a 12:1+ E85 build. I would love to get these true flat tops and avoid having to deck my block and head to get there with SOHC pistons.

PM me if interested.

I guess every bit helps but the stock KA dish is only 2.8cc.

Mike - That distance is indeed 34mm.

Yeah those would never fit an L16 they are only 83mm. Does say Z24 and a 1mm over bore would fit them. C clips would indicate fully floating pins.

Can you measure the distance from the piston top down to the center of the pin hole? You should be able to get within a mm. If 34mm these would work in a KA motor as well.

I might add that these pistons appear to be forged.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.