Datsun 510 4 door or 2 door

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for a Datsun 510 in the north bay, one that runs but does not need to be reliable, just looking for one to have fun with that i will not have to do much to, most willing to spend is 1,500, thanks 

Don't want to burst your bubble but for $1,500 you may get a shell..better to save more money and try to find a decent one for like $6k.  And even at $6K, it will not be perfect.  Something will go wrong because these Datsuns are like 40 years old...you'll have fun but you will need to know how to wrench, have a place to work on your car and not the sidewalk, reserve money, tools --all kinds and as far as "I will not have to do much", you will.  This is reality.  I have a 71 510 and 3 weeks ago, my clutch cylinder went out, then my oil line, then had to do my brake pads, then about 1 month ago my hood latch broke, also at about the same time I had to change the thermostat and also temp. gauge.  These things I did was very simple compared to what you may go through for $1,500 car. What if the car you buy has DMV back fees, which happens a lot with old cars..so think and plan this carefully and with your head not with your heart. Good luck.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.