WANTED Datsun Daily Driver

Alright, here it goes. I'm looking for any Datsun model within 75 miles of Atlanta that could be used as a daily driver.

What I want:

• $9,000 max.
  • Preferabbly red, yellow, orange, blue or silver (this really isn't that firm, it's just me being girly about my car)
  • Under 100,000 miles IF car is towards the expensive end, if car is less than $3,000 then milege won't be an issue and I'll look into just rebuilding the engine.
  • Automatic transmission
  • NO RUST, or very minimum surface rust ONLY.
  • I am not looking for a project car. I want something in decent shape that may just need some minor adjustments.

PLEASE pay close attention to the location. I don't want to find my dream car, then realize it's too far for me to pick up.

PLEASE don't contact me unless you have photos of the car you're willing to send me.

And THANK YOU for reading all that I look forward to seeing what you guys reply with :)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What I learned from my search is to expand your search distance, fine the perfect car for you, and pay the extra money to get it shipped to you. The guys on here advised me to do so and I'm glad they did otherwise I would be searching forever. Good luck

• Like 1

not sure about your state law about smog but you may want to consider getting one that does not require smog. Also the clearer you are with type of Datsun, it becomes easier to target.. :thumbup:

damn, with a budget like that youll easily be able to afford a SUPER minimal maintenance, perfect body datsun.

it can be a waiting game, though. so be patient, dont rush and dont settle.

I would get a 510 btu why an automatic. So easy to learn how to drive a stick.  My first car was a 76 capri, did not not even know how to drive a stick, friend had to drive it home but w/in a couple of days I was cruisin...

I have this... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/49513-1981-datsun-210-sedan-rust-free-ka24de-swap-just-got-real/

It's not an auto and it is farther away than requested... But, it would be easy to swap in an auto, AND I will gladly set up delivery for you for FREE if you pay the asking price. :-)  It is a great car and would be a very good one to learn to drive a standard in if you so choose.

You can email me at L28240z@yahoo.com if interested.

Thanks!

Richard

The "convert to manual" is a macho knee jerk reaction.  Speed shifting and listening to gears grinding and making expensive iron dust is the result in most cases.  There's nothing wrong with a well maintained automatic transmission.  My 1967 British Borg Warner is still going strong after 46 years.  Service them regularly [i have the filters changed and bands adjusted every 2 years whether they need it or not] and they just may outlive the car they were installed in at the factory.  Don't settle for a manual transmission unless you have it checked out by a qualified mechanic.  The same checkout advice applies to the automatic [not everyone cares for theirs like I do].  Good luck, you have good taste in cars!

Alright, here it goes. I'm looking for any Datsun model within 75 miles of Atlanta that could be used as a daily driver.

What I want:

• [*]$9,000 max.

[*]Preferabbly red, yellow, orange, blue or silver (this really isn't that firm, it's just me being girly about my car)

And THANK YOU for reading all that I look forward to seeing what you guys reply with :)

I know of a truck in that price range, and it fits ALL of your color criteria. Just right down the road from you.

614625_573203876028104_477576814_o_zpsa0

I think finding a low mileage auto is going to be easier than the same with a stick, and with that budget, you can look at cars that would be considered overpriced by the Datsun cheapos on the forum and maybe find something newer., 210/310, and at 17 you can drink your machiato, text and talk to your friends in the back seat without ever having to worry about what gear your in. Bonus. Could be tough in Atlanta though. GLWH

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.