Au-rite-e! We've talked about torsion, time for leafs

oldskoolvws

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and it has actually settled even a little lower out back then this ....keep in mind ... i now have the pumkin hitting the shock crossmember (phixius too..)and the shocks are hitting the rear end axle tubes as low as it is ....... i plan to move the shock crossmember back about 2 inches but at some point i just have to bag it so how far i will take the static drop mods remains to be seen..

in the front i whipped out these quickie shock tower exesnsions as my shocks were bottoming out and keeping me from the low in the front pic above..i raised teh tower about two inches...better.....but still the lows are noisey ......running no snubbers front or back prolly contribute....well i should say i made some for he rear out of conveyor belt material....that are about 3/8 inch thick

2C127BE4-B920-40AA-AC85-EEDCE3D3B354-166

couple other thns to keep in mind on the rear i had to cut the mounting tab for the snubber off the inside of the frame.....it was banging on the u bolts.... i removed the landing pad think on the top of the rear end wen i id the drop....prolly should also looking to a one piece as my two piece made some horrendous noise when i dropped it on the leafs .....fucking carrier rubber was blown out...i used a 520 drive shaft......

as u can see i got tire rub ant compression n the inside of the fender well too but im running 18's and a 30 series tire...

better rear angle .......like i said mine are just above the rim lip now......this was before i did all the front mods for the lows out front.......shocks wouldnt allow more front lows...

0D986260-1F01-482C-B227-00620372669F-973

if those drop leafs are really three inch ...... just install no blocks... i am running 4 inch with mine ....so maybe if blocks only doo a 1 incher...

side bar .....note this truck runs the exact same set up front and rear .......yet as low as this red truck is he still has travel with out shock tower mods and is only a half inch higher then me in the front....its kinda the same for phixius ... he is as low as this red truck out front but has less travel then him yet more travel then me before the tower mods...i was upset when i dumped the rear ofmne and couldnt get the front low enough to even level out... first i removed the bump stops but found out early on the shock was bottoming out....i am running stock 521 shocks .... no idea what shocks the red truck is running....nor phixius's..... i here rumors of shorter shocks available but have yet to find one or seen or been provided with a part number... i thought someone said old camaro rears o pinto front or something .. but again i have not researched...

EAD60C28-27D0-4476-A5DA-12C12090D823-135

side note number 2 plan on doing something with your exhaust ... even on 18's i drag mine everywhere......the red truck had a custom arch added to his exhaust that took it up and over the crossmebers foir the tranny and torsion bars.,...its pretty trick looking and he has had less dragging issues...but i imagine on 15's u will be super low

64FFDDF0-498A-4D7D-A6EA-49DE491C7398-184

Well here we go, details on the Belltech 720/D21 Springs. Came with the poly bushings which makes me think this is going to be nothing but a thing. Pop out the bushings for what is actually needed and done. I don't know the 521 hole sizes...yet. It's 3 leafs, plus two of what I'm assuming are leaf spacers just to reach the advertised 3" drop.

Looks damn nice. A little different from the one's on my Colorado, but well built. They have retaining straps and silencers.

img2399ew.jpg

img2403z.jpg

img2404gz.jpg

img2405qz.jpg

img2406ho.jpg

img2400ry.jpg

img2402o.jpg

Both eyelets are 2" in diameter which obviously equates to 1" centers.

img2393u.jpg

img2395qr.jpg

OVERALL LENGTH: 48.125 inch = 1 222.375 millimeter

img2396pw.jpg

EYE CENTER TO CENTER: 46.375 inch = 1 177.925 millimeter

img2398t.jpg

BUSHING 1: 9/16" Diameter

img2407ng.jpg

BUSHING 2: 11/16"

img2409e.jpg

Leaf Height: 1-1/2", 1/2" spacers (?)

img2401kc.jpg

leaf Width: 2-3/8"

img2410f.jpg

Peg Bolt: 7/16"

img2411hh.jpg

bring these trucks to datsloco meet on saturday,they look good! :thumbup:

side bar .....note this truck runs the exact same set up front and rear .......yet as low as this red truck is he still has travel with out shock tower mods and is only a half inch higher then me in the front....its kinda the same for phixius ... he is as low as this red truck out front but has less travel then him yet more travel then me before the tower mods...i was upset when i dumped the rear ofmne and couldnt get the front low enough to even level out... first i removed the bump stops but found out early on the shock was bottoming out....i am running stock 521 shocks .... no idea what shocks the red truck is running....nor phixius's..... i here rumors of shorter shocks available but have yet to find one or seen or been provided with a part number... i thought someone said old camaro rears o pinto front or something .. but again i have not researched...

EAD60C28-27D0-4476-A5DA-12C12090D823-135

Oh shot thats a long drive.....one other thing is I couldn't use the 720 bushings as the 521 took larger bolts and wouldn't allow the bolt go go through it ......I used the 521 bushings on my 720 springs and even though I researched I never found a updated 521 bushings ......so  i used the originals......

I know a few of you are waiting for an install, but as usual, I over calculate everything so now it's the bushings for the springs.

Here's he crap that went through my mind for the last few minutes. The spec measurements are from Whiteline (WL). Please check my specs but I think I got the universal needed for the rear correct to use the springs. I'll check it again when I'm a little less tired.

The fronts call for the same kit so that should be good and with a universal bushing in the rear, it should bolt up. The only other thing I'm concerned with is the axle mount.

For the universal section, the WL is the needed size, the fraction is the needed size for for the universal bushing.

screenshot20130429at121.png

jesus christ ...just bolt them on already.......lol :rofl:

I second Jrock.lol

I would, but kind of hard to install without the right sized bushings. I'll verify my measurements and get the parts ordered up. For sure the OD is 1-1/2", I checked it. I just need to verify the 521 ID for the rear.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...