KA24E odd idle. Ideas?

DottiBlue

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's either a slight miss or something with the computer. It seems like the computer is trying to adjust the idle, then stumbling and raising it back up. I'm gonna check the timing and set the idle tomorrow following the fam procedure and see what that does for me.

Sprayed carb cleaner around the intake, no change. I will have to get a vacuum reading will check that tomorrow. I'll try cleaning the iacv tomorrow as well. Hopefully I can get this figured out soon. I want to take her down for exhaust and drive this thing!

OK, so vacuum is at 20 psi at the manifold.  I disconnected the TPS to check timing per the FSM.  Timing shows at about 5 deg advance, but FSM calls for 15 deg advance.  I did not adjust it because I can't get the idle down to 800 rpm like the FSM calls for.  I also checked the IACV and everything is moving freely and it does not look dirty.  I guess I need to look for a vacuum leak somewhere.  Oh the joys!!!!!!