Longer throttle cable for a custom 620 fuel injection intake???

620Turbo4X4

Hello,

Does anyone know of a accelerator cable that will fit a '78-'79 620 that is about 5-6" longer than the stock one?

Almost got my intake done for the turbo, just need a cable so I can make a bracket and weld it on.

I believe the stock cable is 20" long, so a 25- 26" cable would fit perfect. It would also be nice if it had the bend at the firewall, and some sort of adjustment at the manifold end too...

IMG_0768_zps395a9849.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Z engine 720 and the S110 both have carbs or EFI on the other side of the motor so the cable is longer. Probably reach all the way to the front of your set up. I have a Z24 in my 620 with this longer cable I just measured it and it's roughly 30" long from the firewall to carb

The Z engine 720 and the S110 both have carbs or EFI on the other side of the motor so the cable is longer. Probably reach all the way to the front of your set up. I have a Z24 in my 620 with this longer cable I just measured it and it's roughly 30" long from the firewall to carb

I was looking at the 720 cable and thinking about trying to shorten it. From what I could find the 720 throttle cable is 35" overall length. Would be nice if I could find one thats about 9"- 10" shorter than that as I really won't have any room under the intake once the turbo and somewhat equal length header is installed.

Thanks

Thanks.I'm to the "picking out the TB" stage of my build.

This TB has a odd shaped mounting flange/gasket. Since I was building from scratch it didn't really matter much to me. I did like the fact with this one the (cam?) where the cable attaches gets smaller the more you open the throttle on this one so I'll have better throttle control at low speeds. If you have just a standard square mounting flange, this may not work to well for you.

What are you putting fuel injection on?