"KA"nsas 2DR

oh ya forgot to mention this as well....prior to leaving i was vacuming the carpet and found a large puddle on the drivers side. back side of the heat core was leaking.

so removed it, routed line back into the other. Now the whole trip i had no temp gauge. real convenient with a car that is a notorious over-heater. 

but luckily after removing heater the cooling system is the closest to sealed up as ever. was adding extremely little amount even after 13 hours of driving.

any1 know why I have no temp gauge. was it in the heater?? looks like its in the bottom of the radiator??

is it just coincidence, pulled a wire somewhere while removing??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ya its been a real gamble driving it soo much... but im not scared haha. Unfortunately have another gathering this weekend in Branson but can't take it. overheating all the time now. and no guages anymore...

so ever since driving the dragon, honestly little before that, I have been.. well... let down by the ka24 power.  Don't get me wrong you can drive it fast as hell, but that doesn't really mean that it is fast.  And I am by no means a speed/performance freak. but when I get in my 350z, makes that car feel like a beast, and it's far from my idea of a fast car.

a lot of times I'm convinced that if I fix the exhaust and get a good tune, (prolly along with new tranny as well) that just maybe she will "come to life"even compared to driving my 1600 roadster this thing is only marginally faster. 

soo starting to debate whether or not to turbo this.....

Looks like you got plenty on room, i likely

i made a set for my 521 ...ended up taking them back out ....my size 13 appreciated the extra room...these look nice....i was actaulluy toying with the idea of making the pod higher up the kick panel in my truck .....but the under dash sub box is in the way on the passenger side...

ya its been a real gamble driving it soo much... but im not scared haha. Unfortunately have another gathering this weekend in Branson but can't take it. overheating all the time now. and no guages anymore...

so ever since driving the dragon, honestly little before that, I have been.. well... let down by the ka24 power.  Don't get me wrong you can drive it fast as hell, but that doesn't really mean that it is fast.  And I am by no means a speed/performance freak. but when I get in my 350z, makes that car feel like a beast, and it's far from my idea of a fast car.

a lot of times I'm convinced that if I fix the exhaust and get a good tune, (prolly along with new tranny as well) that just maybe she will "come to life"even compared to driving my 1600 roadster this thing is only marginally faster. 

soo starting to debate whether or not to turbo this.....

You could change it around so that its "quick" instead of fast.  Sucks about the overheating. Can't remember but did you find the cause of this?? Or is the head gasket blown? Low compression will make it not as strong too. I've ridden in a KA 2door 510. It was pretty damn fast and threw you in your seat.

oh ya forgot to mention this as well....prior to leaving i was vacuming the carpet and found a large puddle on the drivers side. back side of the heat core was leaking.

so removed it, routed line back into the other. Now the whole trip i had no temp gauge. real convenient with a car that is a notorious over-heater. 

but luckily after removing heater the cooling system is the closest to sealed up as ever. was adding extremely little amount even after 13 hours of driving.

any1 know why I have no temp gauge. was it in the heater?? looks like its in the bottom of the radiator??

is it just coincidence, pulled a wire somewhere while removing??

might be the reason fr overheating .... no flow through core....my trucjk ran hot as fuck with blocked core as apoosed to the free flowing one

• Like 1

No haven't solved the coolant problem....

Problem is if there's any weak point in the coolant system is all screwed

- could be the rusty mud clogged something up

- head gasket

- bad water pump/gasket

- the sh!tty inline filler leaking (broke it the morning was leaving for the smokies)

- getting a new radiator and fans...

- needs a thermo too.

- any leaking lines not 100% plugged.

- fix heater core..

All these need be fixed

Gonna get a compression test soon. Or just tear into it and replace head gasket (wanna see condition of cylinders too).

There's little tiny bubbles constantly coming up (see in funnel when bleeding)

So there's air getting in somewhere.

As for speed. See what happens after exhaust...is leaking soooo bad and back firing like crazy.

Like i was saying at some points it really does feel strong, and it can be driven like a bat out of hell, but I have to heel toe like a mofo to keep rpms up enough to get me out of corners. Just not there

So see how it goes once more things are fixed and can get a good tune.

Otherwise turbo it is....and that's gunna cost heavily.

i'd try taking the radiator to get boiled out and r2 the head gasket while you're waiting on the radiator.... might as well do the timing chain while you're that far into it...

Hey on the kickpanels, why dont you move the speakers up and back a little?

I concur... Tho kinda want new radiator any way. Thicker, all aluminum, and most have a radiator cap. The inline radiator cap has to go.

Ya I spent couple hours fooling with them, guess that's what I thought was best. I tried very spot and very angle. Trust me. Can't remember my reasoning behind that spot tho..... HA! (Got staggering wrong aiming at my knees/stomach)

Kinda tempes to try them up much higher, closer to dash. But more importantly I need to build a jig with a laser to see where their staging. Only chance you have getting good sound in this tin can.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

WOW

Cool yo, who would of thought white would be so fucking cool. We were all wondering where you fell off too.

ya sold my 350z, so I can put all my effort and funds into the dime.

as well as had to shuffle some of my other cars around, so she never has to sit outside again, she be garage queen now days.

also landed a dream job at Aeromotive, so anyone has any fuel needs hit me up.

big things coming soon....still can't decide wether to keep the ka or ditch it for an sr20. simply not fast enough, especially not that my z is gone, it needs more umph.