"KA"nsas 2DR

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get your overheating problem fixed? If you haven't already, put a thermostat back in, I bet that's the problem

No/kinda... Not overheating but it's leaking. Will elaborate on this later

I used alum compound polish and a dremel with polishing thing on my old grille. Was amazing outcome

^ this and depending on severity of damage wet sanding. Getin there with some 1500/2000 grit. Will also get into this later, just finished sanding all the wheels and the intake manifold.

painted valve cover, fuel rail, tucked and clean-up getting closer on IM,

file-103.jpg

still have a lot of polishing to do on the intake manifold. was just initial polish to see where any scratches were.

file-102.jpg

my $75 ebay air intake. had to cut a fair amount off it, and improvised with one of the extra pieces. prolly wont keep like this long, as will suck up water. but still love it.

file-101.jpg

starting to get better tho...

file-104.jpg

removed old hood struts, wens with grand cherokee hatch shocks.

file-105.jpg

finally finished wet sanding all the wheels. (3-4hours a piece)

file-109.jpg

before (this is actually clean)

file-116.jpg file-117.jpg

file-107.jpg

more polishing...

file-108.jpg

file-111.jpg

file-113.jpg

yahoo, just now got my ermish rear coilovers. no more crazy rake.... (keeper had to put stock springs on to get it onto alignment rack)

file-114.jpg

file-115.jpg

oh and this is where it is leaking.... front side cover gasket....

file-100.jpg

• Like 1

Took it to the local car gathering to tonight ...

Ferrari 360 Stradale

Maserati Gran Turismo MC

Handful of Lamborghini's

Ferrari 430 16M

Ferrari 599 & Ferrari 599 GTO

Ferrari 458 & Ferrari 458 Spider

Corvette Z06(s) + Calloway

Noble

Mustang GT500 (+ kenne bell)

Porsche 997

Camaro zl1

Whole line of fully modified 370z's (all friends.)

Gorgeous Austin Healy

And everyone flocked to the 510 like a fly to one of those bug zappers. Some guys stood there for 15+ waiting for owner (me) to step up and start convo. Drew huge crowds

Also was able to put to full test and had buddy to race me (safely) in my z only way home.

Haven't smiled sooo much in one day in long time.

Sounds like a fast Fridays at KC Trends?  I miss Fast Fridays, only time I was going to bring a Datsun there was my old 521 and she crapped out on the way there :-(

Sounds like a fast Fridays at KC Trends?  I miss Fast Fridays, only time I was going to bring a Datsun there was my old 521 and she crapped out on the way there :-(

yep... was pretty good being the first one of the year, but as I was telling my buddy that went for the first time. kinda get old seeing the same cars every time.

was the exact same story with my roadster, both times I was about to take it failed me. now that one in particular may never see road again.

yep... was pretty good being the first one of the year, but as I was telling my buddy that went for the first time. kinda get old seeing the same cars every time.

was the exact same story with my roadster, both times I was about to take it failed me. now that one in particular may never see road again.

yeah I didn't go every fast Friday unless a group of people I knew were going to be there. 

May never see road again?   Every time I went, the people who knew I was working on a Datsun would bug me about it, and the ONE time I can she won't make it lol.  Later found out it was an easy vacuum advance fix on the distributor.

DAMN

the wheels look great

right soo thrilled with them.. now that they polished, I can start stripping/repaint.  

talking wheels with Vicky had me convinced these could really be something.

Where in kansas are you located, as i'm in st. louis? Not many dimes in the midwest :(

haha even smaller world. pretty sure I already had a lead on you (stalking 510 owners)

my buddy gregg lives in st. louis and is in gatewayZ. (if im right, there may always be more but he said 'you' had quite a few) 

I'm in stl all the time, dad grew up there, still have some family there, know a ton of the z guys there as well. won award at gateway show once.

so we should certainly meet up some time, wouldn't mind road trip there at all.

file-119.jpg

so unbolting cv didn't give me enough, so borrowed clamps, could get them on, cut off.

file-118.jpg

next side went straight for the cut in half, (didn't unbolt) still couldn't get out. had to cork screw them together

file-120.jpg

first attempt at height

file-121.jpg

looks pretty good...but

file-123.jpg

back way lower (don't worry I didn't level it on my shtty driveway. just where took pics)

file-122.jpg

forgot to mention this earlier. took it to friends house one night hang out for 2 hours, go to fire it up. COMPLETELY DEAD... GRRRRRR

now I already aware that sometimes it won't turn over, you have to hold the wires on the ignition as you turn key. not that...no power at all.

jump it and go on my way. Went and had the battery test . (5 years old but test 95%) take back home. re-install 

no problems for a couple days. then dies in my driveway this time. this my solution this time....

must have been the weather (best day we had all year) but I went into oreillys for cable ends, walked out with one of these.

file-124.jpg

found this loveliness under the old battery box. wont have to deal with leaking anymore...

file-126.jpg

file-125.jpg

so stripped and cleaned all that madness out, sprayed some rubber coat. need seam seal and rubber back there as it was all completely melted by the acid.

file-128.jpg

ditched the plastic boat box for this temporary, but more stable mount. need make box and recess into floor.

file-129.jpg

now worked last 3 times I've tried, but in combination to the new battery, I ran new line off the alternator, a new ground off the block.

and the positive terminal on the battery line fell off the clamp when i was back there, so cut off more and re-clamped.

simple stuff, but can make all the difference when stuck somewhere. and can eliminate those if there still is a problem.

Damn it.... It's dead in my driveway again. Drove it a bunch today.

Just went to fire up zero power. I gots a problem

Pain in the rectum, my old 510 used to do that, I would have to un-plug it every time I went somewhere for a long time so it wouldn't drain.

ya so it started the last 2 dozen times and still. left for 3-4 days and and left for minutes no problem. hmmmm

while all this next stuff seems a little stupid I have a 12+ hour trip ahead of me next week (zdayz) and theres no way im doing it without music again.

playing with some1 elses wiring swap is soooo much fun.:icon14:
file-130.jpg

had this laying around so thought i'd slide it in to test my wires.  can't express how much i hate it. soo ugly and useless.
file-132.jpg

couldn't get trim on, and have to pull it out so it can open. grrrr
file-131.jpg

buddies audio shop was closed (sunday) so I went to best buy and was just going to get a new single din. couldn't' bring myself buy any. their alpines were all last years models, and everything else was just so ugly!!!

thought about it and there's no way any stereo is going to look good in that factory location. going to look very out of place.. hmmmmm

started on the kicks
file-134.jpg

2 down
file-133.jpg

decided speakers be best here instead of door. used a set of 6.5 Rockford's I also had laying around

wanted to make a trim face as to not see the speaker but there no room on drivers side. as is prolly end up with my foot it the speaker when i miss the clutch.

file-135.jpg
  • Like 2

buddies audio shop was closed (sunday) so I went to best buy and was just going to get a new single din. couldn't' bring myself buy any. their alpines were all last years models, and everything else was just so ugly.

Lolllllzzzz ...... I'm rockin an 8 track in my dime :) AND I'M LOVING IT!!!

I need a ride.....when you have time :thumbup:  

hell ya! these next weeks gunna be crazy tho. but i want to see yours as well. 

figure something out.

Lolllllzzzz ...... I'm rockin an 8 track in my dime :) AND I'M LOVING IT!!!

nothing wrong with that.

I was loving driving it without music but in the end it has to have a stereo.

if you make a mold and are able to make more kick panels that hold speakers I would love to buy a pair

:thumbup: we see how it goes.. if it just you, prolly easier to just knock out another set. really not that bad.

if I get it right, and enough demand, maybe I will mold.

here's the problem.... there's no room.... sooo close to clutch pedal. and there's zero room behind that area either.

looks worse than it really is. drove around with them installed for 2 hours yesterday never once bumped it.

maybe be better if I went with 5.25's

about 3 inches in between...

file-139.jpg

ignore my foot.... full depress

file-143.jpg

file-137.jpg

learned this lesson once....I fiberglassed and finished before ever plugging them in and testing the staging.

glad I did this time, as they are quite bit off where I wanted. need tipped up more.

prolly gonna build a laser jig and re-aim them.. but not bad

file-140.jpg

cut some simple rings for the rear speakers, lil funny looking but will be complete hidden later

file-142.jpg

file-141.jpg

oh and got a pioneer... not bad does pandora and the whole 9 yards. not ideal but least it doesnt move, and faceplate fits..

file-138.jpg

went and got new rear tires at local wheel store

file-136.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

another successful road trip... 13.5 hours and then spent next 5 days driving, then drove back home.

really learned a fair amount about the car this past week. get to that all later..

started with getting pulled outside st. louis. let go with waring after told him we was headed to smokies

file-144.jpg

file-147.jpg

file-146.jpg

my roomies for the trip,

file-150.jpg

keep this mostly datsun related as most you aren't woo'd by gtr's adn twin turbos...

this thing makes grown men weak in the knee's

file-164.jpg

file-165.jpg

file-166.jpg

sat behind him at the dam photo (largest dam in east.)

file-148.jpg

this guy definitely had nice build.

file-162.jpg

file-168.jpg

file-167.jpg

file-163.jpg

ran into this guy on the dragon, thought I could keep up, let me tell you he is one hell of a good driver.

file-169.jpg

file-170.jpg

was another 510 there !!!! super nice guy, think he is on here but not sure of name or build

file-157.jpg

file-158.jpg

can you say bottom mount turbo. and where is.... well everything
file-159.jpg

file-172.jpg

friends... this was who I had to keep up with all week
file-175.jpg

some where on way home the speedo needle disappeared, has yet to come back.
file-152.jpg

• Like 1