WTB Hood latch for 521

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking for the latch that attaches to the core support. I already have the mechanism that is bolted to the hood. Could exchage for parts off my 521 Parts truck or just fork over the cash monies

I believe I have one of these but will have to confirm this evening when I get hm from wrk.

I have an extra.

HoodCatch2.jpg

These were rusty, but soaked in a molasses solution, and then washed with water, and lightly wire brushed.

they will need some from of rust protection.  My plan is to get them Zinc plated, I just have not done that yet.

I have an extra.

HoodCatch2.jpg

These were rusty, but soaked in a molasses solution, and then washed with water, and lightly wire brushed.

they will need some from of rust protection.  My plan is to get them Zinc plated, I just have not done that yet.

What is thine molasses solution of that you speaketh?  Pray, tell us oh great and powerful Sir Daniel.

It is just the normal "grocery store" molasses.  Mix about seven parts water, one part molasses, and I use a old crock pot on the low setting to keep the solution warm.  If it is warm where you live, a plastic bucket may be just fine, but itr will take longer.

It takes a week or two, but remember, the parts took about 40 years to rust.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.