Newbie and my 72 521

Guest rickylee65

Guest rickylee65

This may be the nicest 1972 Datsun pickup around! 94,000 original miles!! Recent paint/restoration, nice interior. I just drove it 1300 miles from California and it never missd beat and used no oil! Almost no rust, original engine running strong. Recently replaced brakes & master cylinder, clutch master cylinder, radiator, shocks and windshield with seal. Title in hand. $5500 719-371-2271

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm new here but I really feel like flaming this guy for posting a For Sale in the wrong spot LOL

While I was shopping for a 521 I seen this one on CL but had no interest when I seen the price, and when it was still in Cali it was going for 2k less!

Guest rickylee65

Pics are in a CL ad link above.I only bought it because I needed a ride home from CA and it was too kewl to pass up. Oldskoolvws:Nice Toyota engine swap! Send me your email and I will send pics of my Toyota engine work. Working on a 22RET next.The 4 Runner I did last was awesome!

Guest rickylee65

I believe that other than paint, the engine compartment and engine are all original with 94,000 miles. No leaks, no smoke. I see other 521's on here and the asking prices and the comments. What people seem to think is a good price for some piece of junk and what it would cost to bring it to the condition mine is in would cost more than my price. Unless someone is looking to do a lot of work and spend a lot of money, mine is a steal and ready to drive anywhere. How much did you spend on yours and how many hours? $5500 starts to look like a good deal when you think about that.

Guest rickylee65

The tailgate looks like a replacement. Bed was original blue and has been sanded, treated and coated since these pics. I never said it has a Toyota engine. The engine is STOCK and ORIGINAL with no drips nor smoke. The engine bay is the same blue as the body but is in original, unrestored condition. I will get to it eventually.

That is a nice truck, but from the little time that I've been on this forum, the guys and gals here are very happy with a rebuild project as I am. There's just a completely different feeling when you drive something that you have built or fixed yourself. Nice truck though, but the price seems pretty steep, even with the miles.

Guest rickylee65

Not everyone has the ability to do the work themselves. It seems that running, fairly straight trucks start at about $2000. Anyone would spend more to bring it up to the condition of mine. Feel free to make an offer.