WTB: 240Z or Early 260Z in CA (LA area if possible)

I currently live in Japan and it is time I got a car. The problem is that the only car I REALLY want is an S30Z. In Japan, they are incredibly over priced (rusty POSs run over 7k) so I want to import one from the states. I have a friend in LA who is willing to act on my behalf to purchase and store the car so I just need to find one. 

Looking to find something less than 2k

jamel@fnlhvn.com

Basic criteria are as follows:

- Must have an L6 (hopefully running but if not, it is ok) 

- Manual trans (4 or 5 speed)

- Straight body (no wrecked cars but small dings are ok)

- No aftermarket sunroof

- No rust holes or cancer (surface rust is ok but no rot)

- Must have a title 

- Interior condition is not so important but no botched wiring harnesses or half baked stereo installs

- Any spares or extra parts are appreciated

Please shoot me an email if you have anything that meets these criteria

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not hard or expensive to import and register it there? With all your criteria being met and say 1.5-3k on importing be prepared to pay that 7k+

This thread isn't to discuss the merits of importing a car. I am well aware of the costs to import and legalize it and finding a clean LHD car is worth the expense. Note that I said a rusty POS is 7k+. Any car I would actually consider buying, already here in japan, would be closer to 15k+

I didnt discuss the merits of anything, I asked a simple question out of curiousity and then gave you a heads up on current values. Good luck to ya

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.