is it hard ?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Check... usually it's not the bearing but the rubber surround around it that rots away, allowing the driveshaft to flop around and vibrate. I've never heard of a confirmed bad bearing. Unfortunately the rubber isolator is hard to find so I wrapped the driveshaft in a strip of rubber conveyor belt and tightened it down. It worked so well that I never did replace it.

620driveshaft003Large.jpg

the bearing is still in good shape it is the rubber thing that crapped out. sounds like i need find a thick strip of rubber or leather to wrap around that thing and clamp down in the  holder. 

hard part right now is the rubber or flexable peice of material to wrap shaft

I used a piece of 3/8" conveyor belt wrapped around 7-8 times. Seems to me I held it together with a couple of hose clamps joined together until I could get the hoop clamp thing bolted down.

Foam rubber may be too soft.

Check... usually it's not the bearing but the rubber surround around it that rots away, allowing the driveshaft to flop around and vibrate. I've never heard of a confirmed bad bearing.

There's a first time for everything. Right before my driveshaft blew up a few months back, my carrier bearing started squealing. By the time I took it off, the bearing had so much play in it I was surprised it didn't fall apart. The race was chewed up inside. The surround was actually in great shape. 

• Like 1

well if i remember talk to tire guy he might give me tube if not got a few bicycle ones so i might as well try that maybe some zip ties to hold it together long nuff to get the hoop on it, if that does not work will get hose clamps thanks for the help. i wanna drive my dato round some