My first accident.

A South Carolina man is in serious condition after a three-vehicle crash on Nine Mile and Chemstrand roads, Tuesday night.

Charles A. Brown, 21, of Pendleton, S.C., was traveling west on Nine Mile Road in a 1978 Datsun Pickup truck and approaching the intersection as two other vehicle began driving through the intersection, according to the Florida Highway Patrol. Brown ran a red light and entered the intersection, striking the front of a 2001 Ford Explorer driven by 51-year-old Russell G. Norton of Milton. Brown then sideswiped the front of a 2009 Hyundai being driven by Alyssa N. Boyer, 38, of Cantonment.

The impact of the crash caused Brown’s vehicle to spin clockwise and flip several times before coming to a final rest on the west side of the intersection.

Brown was taken to Sacred Heart Hospital where he was listed in serious condition.

Norton and Boyer suffered minor injuries.

The FHP has cited Brown with running a red light and no proof of insurance.

Well long story short. I'm ok! A bit sore and some small cuts but I'm out of the hospital and on my feet. I was on the way to look at a b210. I was blinded by the light. Driving straight into the sunset and telling myself I should pull over and wait for the sun to drop behind the trees. I left my good glasses at a friends on Easter. Well I came through a light and had no idea it was red. Honestly I can't recall what was going on in my head before I ran the light. I no longer feel that I am mentally capable of driving in public. I live in my own world and sometimes I replace my vision with my thoughts. Yeah, I'm crazy, big suprise to you guys right? haha. I never struck anyone. I was teeboned by bothed trucks and sent sideways and flipping through the median. It was about 5 minutes in my time from start to finish. When I went up on two wheels I tucked my head and limbs in and watched as the world went spinning by. I landed on the roof. I took off my seatbelt off and opened the door and a man grabbed my hand and helped me out. There was plenty of blood from the glass in my scalp. I walked to the curb where I was met by a man with a handful of clean rags, two nurses, and a dozen other people. I just sat and held the rags to my head while putting the whole thing together in my mind. Watching as people drug my things out of the road. All of my belongings where strewn down the road. I had a crate full of fresh south florida strawberries. They were everywhere. Of course I had to be strapped to a board, put in an ambulance, and rushed to the hospital. It didn't matter that I knew I was fine. They probed me, stuck me with needles, xrayed me, scanned me, and dumped me in a room naked and alive.  I left the hospital after waiting hours to be released. It's raining of course.. I went to see the truck first thing. I won't describe much, I'll get some pics when I can. My camera phone was in pieces... For now I'll sit and pull glass from my head and laugh. I really liked that truck..

I'll post pics when I get them.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well everything under the hood seems ok. The sliding rear window popped out in one piece ollz! some interior bits. Air conditioning. I think the fram and suspension are ok. Engine is rebuilt and was running like a champ.

Looks like I'll be parting it out. Or sell it in one piece.

16,000$~ for the hospital and a couple hundred for towing.

And yes, I am fine so far. Lower back is sore but I've had worse from bicycle accidents. It was definitely a serious crash. A passenger would have been killed.

I'll get pics asap. Ton of people were taking them. They'll pop up somewhere.

I love how the news blows it all out of proportion.

Yes I have insurance lol. The trooper wrote me a no proof of insurance citation before he even spoke to me. I have to go to court and pay a 10$ fee regardless :mad:

Haha no fucks given. I'M ALIVE!

But for real I don't think I want to drive any more. It's not that it scared me or anything. I just go other places in my mind sometimes. Losing a good friend to an accident on Friday has had me really upset. I'm just no all there right now.

Yes, my name is Charlie Brown. Big whoop, wanna fight about it? 

:rofl:

I'm going to be focusing on my boat and sailing. That's why I came back to Florida. But I don't plan things. I might be in Vegas selling cable in a month....

It's been an eventful year.

glad you're okay...its worrying me that all these dattos are being wrecked lately...not that I blame you as the driver I just can't imagine what I would be thinking if it was me wrecking one of my dattos...

good luck getting the glass out of your head, you deserve it...you know why? 

because:

215px-YoureaGoodMan.png

lol sorry had too

edit: in other news, if you do stop driving, please stay active on Ratsun...we need a little longer to enjoy this whole charlie brown thing...

• Like 1

Oh man! I haven't heard that one before!

Yeah I cryed over the truck. I knew I was fine. I hope to part it out quickly. I'm now truckless therefor jobless. I'm going to see a lawyer about my disability claim. Maybe I shouldn't have turned it down all those years ago.

It doesn't seem real at all.