It felt so right

I got in my truck tonight to go get gas and food for work in the AM, and couldn't shake the feeling that my Datsun didn't want to just keep on going. It was running so good, the cool air outside felt great, everything was working better then it ever has. I turned on some tunes and kept on cruising.

For some reason I just couldn't bring myself to park the truck. I just HAD to keep driving. I turned a 15 minuet trip to a 1 hour cruise.... it's not often I do this, especially when I have to be at work in just a few hours early in the AM. I felt like the further away from home I drove, the better the truck seemed to run. Maybe I'm just a little crazy, or my datto is trying to tell me something. Maybe she's about ready for a cross country drive to Canby in June? Only time will tell.... well, bank account rather lol

It got me realizing that around here, everything is so fast paced and crazy that you don't really get to take the time to slow down and enjoy life as it passes you by. People are in a rush to get everywhere and no one seems to pay attention to the little things anymore. 

Which I guess is why I like my Datsun. Cuz cool kids drive slow. And oh boy is my truck slow. 

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude I hear ya. I used to visit my dad in Ontario and just loved the 2,800 mile road trip. 3 or 4 days of you and your truck. Waking up in a field in Saskatchewan. Seeing a wolf at 3AM in Minnesota, racing a train in ND, waking for a piss in Montana with full moon on the sage brush..... good times and the truck never ran better.

Best trip so far has been a run to Wrens to pick up parts in my 620. 170 miles round trip and this was before I had done anything to the truck besides bleeding the brakes. I don't know if it was more fun because of the risk involved in taking a new (to me) truck on a trip that far, or because I was actually driving something that was fun. No music, windows cracked, lots of trees and hills. It was an absolute blast.

It would be awesome to get a train driving from the south east over to Canby, but I think my truck has a while to go before I can make that trip.

I haven't driven as much as you guys... 

But when I had more time on my hands (and gas in my tank), I would cruise up PCH about 4-5 hours up the coast, bust a U, and take it back down in my truck... 

Good times. 

Will be doing it more often once summer comes around. Every now and then I'll still go straight to the coast around midnight and just chill. Me, my truck, and the waves. Really helps to get away from the stress of work, finances, etc... 

Dude I hear ya. I used to visit my dad in Ontario and just loved the 2,800 mile road trip. 3 or 4 days of you and your truck. Waking up in a field in Saskatchewan. Seeing a wolf at 3AM in Minnesota, racing a train in ND, waking for a piss in Montana with full moon on the sage brush..... good times and the truck never ran better.

One of my fondest memories is waking up very early in the morning in a field outside Roundup Montana, hearing Canadian Geese overhead and seeing the best herd of North American Antelope I had ever seen!  Fortuntely for them,  by the time I got my Mexican Mauser out of the case and loaded they had gone over the hill.